Possibly A New Job?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":ydint2zb said:
Well, don't that just suck big time!

Agree that an impersonal bulk e-mail like that is not particularly helpful when it comes to evaluating what you might have done different/better to secure the position. Seems to be the way of the corporate world these days. Easy out.

I'd take heart in the fact you progressed as far as you did in the interviewing process. And then spend some time evaluating the criteria they grilled you on and your responses, with a view to what you perceived they might be after. 

You're probably already doing just this, but that's all I got. And if your heart is set on bettering yourself, this exercise can only help.

It still sucks though. Fortunately it seems you do like your present position, and that's important. Not like being stuck in a place you hate.

Best wishes in your next endeavor Kaitlyn.

:sunny: 

Cheers,

RR
Thanks Brewdude. I do appreciate the words of encouragement and comfort! To say the least, I am disappointed in the fact that I didn't get it. You are right though, I do enjoy my current job! It is a blessing and one that I'm thankful for. I was just trying to reach a little higher because I just wouldn't ever be able to retire if I maintained this job LOL.

But then again maybe it wouldn't be so bad being an 80 year old woman schooling young kids on tobacco when they come into the shop... "Oh yeah? You smoke 'English' blends? Do you even know what that means, kid? Come here, I'm gonna teach you a thing or two today!" *spoken in a warbling, old woman's voice*

Sorry to hear that........

Don't worry ma'am, just remember an old Wizard Truth:

No matter how hard we try, things work out!!

Other horizons ahead, keep sailing!

kaitlyn3837":hkr125p7 said:
We are fortunate to have many qualified candidates apply to each of our positions. We have reviewed the qualifications of each candidate and after careful consideration, we have determined that the credentials of other candidates may better fit our needs at this time.
Boilerplate! Means nothing by itself. Sometimes they fill positions internally. Sometimes another candidate did exactly the same thing at a previous gig, and they'd feel open to criticism if they did not hire that person.

Thanks to fear of lawsuits and regulators, generic boilerplate is about the best you get. If you remember the name of someone who interviewed you, you can call them informally and ask for suggestions. That gets them off the hook for "What did I do wrong?" and lets them impart some of their own learning.

deathmetal":wxomphhf said:
kaitlyn3837":wxomphhf said:
We are fortunate to have many qualified candidates apply to each of our positions. We have reviewed the qualifications of each candidate and after careful consideration, we have determined that the credentials of other candidates may better fit our needs at this time.
Boilerplate! Means nothing by itself. Sometimes they fill positions internally. Sometimes another candidate did exactly the same thing at a previous gig, and they'd feel open to criticism if they did not hire that person.

Thanks to fear of lawsuits and regulators, generic boilerplate is about the best you get. If you remember the name of someone who interviewed you, you can call them informally and ask for suggestions. That gets them off the hook for "What did I do wrong?" and lets them impart some of their own learning.
I do have the name of one of the managers, so maybe I could do that. Thanks!

That email is superlative compared to the ones they send out in academia. Basically they say you did not get the position. good luck good bye. Unfortunately, many places do not have the common courtesy to even let you know that you did not get the job. To add insult to injury, I had my identity stolen when someone hacked into the HR dept of a college I had applied to and got all the info on current, past, and potential employees. This particular college waited 6 months to tell anyone that their identities had been stolen. Al