post 2007 tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
So when do we get the official "black list", or will there even be one issued by the FDA?

It'd be nice to know for stocking up.

And will the pending lawsuit temporarily halt any action by the FDA?

mark":sqrhlfqu said:
So when do we get the official "black list", or will there even be one issued by the FDA?

That might be considered 'enabling'. Some lists exist, I believe Joshoowah has begun to compile a short list somewhere on the forum. I've been going to TR's site and looking at the oldest reviews of what I tend to smoke. Pre 2007 reviews tell me they will be around. Post Jan 2007 reviews make me weep and consider my future purchases...

Something to consider: Despite all the fear mongering there's a possibility that some/many/most post-2007 blends will be grandfathered/tested/etc. It ain't over til it's over.

Ozark Wizard":g93q5hzc said:
mark":g93q5hzc said:

That might be considered 'enabling'. Some lists exist, I believe Joshoowah has begun to compile a short list somewhere on the forum. I've been going to TR's site and looking at the oldest reviews of what I tend to smoke. Pre 2007 reviews tell me they will be around. Post  Jan 2007 reviews make me weep and consider my  future purchases...
I have, indeed, begun to compile a list. I posted my findings here, but here is the link to the list in question: Post 2007 Tobacco List. I plan on updating it even more in the coming weeks with C&D, Dunhill, Rattrays, and others once I return to Kenya. The original list I posted was left open to the public, it still is presently, and I've since found that the link is circulating throughout the reddit pipetobacco group and a couple of the FB pipe groups. Their interest has got me jumping back onto the task of compiling a more complete list.

From Pipes Magazine.com
IPCPR 2016 PART 1 - We don't know what we don't know.
Question and answer session.

Will each individual pipe be required to go through a approval process?
Yes. currently. The current FDA view of a pipe each new one must go through the SE process. Clearly the FDA has no idea about the pipe industry.

OK, I'm the first one to admit I hate gleaning lengthy red tape documents for information, and I totally missed this aspect,,,or I was picking lint from my belly button while I was reading,,,but the FDA is requiring each individual pipe to go through the approval process?

How much will it cost to submit an SE report?
Cost estimates on cost to manufacture several thousand to several hundred thousand for cost for SE reports. Each shape and size is a different product.

I don't know if this question was aimed at the pipes or the tobacco but "several thousand to several hundred thousand" to file an SE report reeks of bullshit.

mark":eyisjhnx said:
From Pipes Magazine.com
IPCPR 2016 PART 1 - We don't know what we don't know.
Question and answer session.

Will each individual pipe be required to go through a approval process?
Yes. currently. The current FDA view of a pipe each new one must go through the SE process. Clearly the FDA has no idea about the pipe industry.

OK, I'm the first one to admit I hate gleaning lengthy red tape documents for information, and I totally missed this aspect,,,or I was picking lint from my belly button while I was reading,,,but the FDA is requiring each individual pipe to go through the approval process?

How much will it cost to submit an SE report?
Cost estimates on cost to manufacture several thousand to several hundred thousand for cost for SE reports. Each shape and size is a different product.

I don't know if this question was aimed at the pipes or the tobacco but "several thousand to several hundred thousand" to file an SE report reeks of bullshit.
Someone is footing the bill for this type of regulation (*cough* big tobacco *cough*), meaning it is utter bullshit. The regulation of EACH individual pipe is beyond ridiculous and unfathomable. I'd love to see someone with big pockets foot the bill for this type of thing just so the FDA is overflowed with their own ridiculousness. From what I've heard from others that have been working hard with groups opposing the regulations is that pipes will not be all that affected, even if the first reading of the regulations seem to suggest such.

I'm not sure if that is true or not, but it is what it is.

Wouldn't regulating pipes be like regulating your dinner plate? FDA. What does that stand for again? I guess the ATF wasn't doing a good enough job........

At some point someone has to chuck all the tobacco in the Reflecting pool and then ride around screaming 'the British are coming'... or we need to just be truthful and go spit at Lincoln's feet as we gladly put our shackles on for the Democrat and Republican Comrade Party Leader.

10 hours is a long time to go from positive and upbeat to 'eff this garbage'. I swear if one of you boys would wheel me around and help me up when I need to pee I'd go hit everyone of the asshats in Washington.

Edit in: After reading some of OUR Comrades writings at the Food and Drug Administration, I must say I agree completely with our Comrades. Their wisdom is on full display for the People to see. Kneel to their wisdom brothers it is for our own good, the benevolent Comrade Dr Califf only cares for our safety...This will protect children from evil men like Greg Pease who try to enslave our children with his cunningly designed packaging and his devious writings. When Comrade Madam Secretary Clinton becomes the Party Leader in November men like that will pay dearly for their Capitalistic Greed!
(Keep voting for the lessor of two evils guys n gals, this shit is only going to get worse from here)

Next will be serial numbers on your SE approved pipe, which you have to register with the FDA providing you have a permit to carry possess. Restrictions on the amount of ammo tobacco you can obtain,  stiff penalties for not keeping them under lock and key when not in use. Safety locks on the bowls, proof of attendance to a " tobacco health awareness" seminar, and warning labels covering 30% of your pipe.

I say if they want me they can come and get me..............they better bring friends though. :suspect:

mark":z4irao5r said:
Next will be serial numbers on your SE approved pipe, which you have to register with the FDA providing you have a permit to carry possess. Restrictions on the amount of ammo tobacco you can obtain,  stiff penalties for not keeping them under lock and key when not in use. Safety locks on the bowls, proof of attendance to a " tobacco health awareness" seminar, and warning labels covering 30% of your pipe.
My pipes self-identify as canes..You can't discriminate with your hate, they are what they say they are... I think they learned that from my guns..My guns self identify as various pencils and note books.. Freedom of the press mother truckers!!!! :D :D :D

Bruh your in Cali.. they'll never give you a concealed carry.. call your dunhills pot pipes and rock on.