Posting images...some basics under the new system.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
<table style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: medium;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td class="hr" colspan="2"><hr />
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">This comes up often with members who are under 30 posts and/or 30 days membership. We just had a changeover to a newer kind of OS Beta here, so it might be disallowing those who have not met the 30/30 requirements yet. But it might just be not knowing what to do. 

Here's some basic information :

Generally you need to open the image box at the top of the reply screen. On my tablet it's in the second row down on the left side. On different screen formats it might be on the right, etc. Just look for it...Looks like a TV screen. There's both a place in which to paste the copied URL of your image and if you want to re-size it, you can enter new dimensions but normally you can just leave those blank. 

Once you've put the URL in you just click 'insert' and it's done. It's just that simple. 

Note: if you just have photos on your computer that doesn't work. They need to be on the Web, like Photobucket, etc. Or they can be images from other websites. 

Note: if you use Photobucket, it provides an 'image' thing among its list of copyable options under each photo in your album. Since this provides the correct format you can bypass using the editor thing on our page I think and just paste in that copied URL. (you should see something like the bracketed code for image at the start and end of your pasted URL, like this... . I think the one at the end has a backslash preceeding the "img". 

If you do it correctly your image will immediately be shown in the text box thing you've been writing your post in. 

Note: there are some sites that do not allow you to copy images and you can't get those to work. But if you have an image from another site you want to post you can usually get the proper address by either 1. right clicking on the image to get the "properties" which will have the address you can copy, or 2. clicking on the image so that you get an option box that includes opening the image in a new tab. Once you have the image in its new tab, copy the text from the address box and paste it into the image editor mentioned above. 

Once you've done it a few times the whole thing takes less that 30 seconds, start to finish. 

I'm sure there are other tricks, but those are the basics. </td></tr></table>

thanks, will give this another go. Was able to post my first pics on BoB last night from servimg.com They posted, but only as smaller thumbnail size, unless you click on em, then they open full size. Guessing I chose "insert image" when I should have chosen "host image" :confused: (shrug). Anyway, will give it another go and see.

Fumus":ynu5heyf said:
thanks, will give this another go. Was able to post my first pics on BoB last night from servimg.com They posted, but only as smaller thumbnail size, unless you click on em, then  they open full size. Guessing I chose "insert image" when I should have chosen "host image" :confused: (shrug). Anyway, will give it another go and see.
I have had the most success using the "Host Image" feature. Then clicking the Choose File button, selecting the pic I want and clicking the Open button. Then I click Host it and copy and paste the "Image" path into the message body. Wallah.

I joined Photobucket for the sole purpose of posting pictures of my custom Sterling Silver work on BOB. Recently Photobucket emailed me that suddenly it will suddenly cost me $400 a year for the use of their useless website to do one simple thing. Format my images for posting. They sent me this somewhat angry email accusing me of misusing their precious little website to post pictures to THIRD PARTY websites. They might as well have said that they're not making any money on me and they figured how to screw me into paying them $400 a year or $40 a month to post a few dozen pictures every once in a while. I would like to participate in BOB. But I simply can't afford to spend that kind of money for this service. Does anyone out there have any advice or a suggestion of what else to do? Does everyone pay that much to format their photos? Please HELP!

Using a Windows p.c. for posting and photo storage? You don't need another host, other than whatever is functioning for free on this site. This may be slightly different on a phone or other device, but here is what I do:

1. Click "Reply" lower left to open Reply window.

2. Hover over icons in YouTube box. Click on "host an image" icon. (Looks like an old Mac with disc in front of it.)

3. New window pops up. Click on green box, "Select file."

4. Another window pops up with your photo file. Locate your photo, click to highlight, then click "Open."

5. Screen reverts to "Select file" window, but with small image of photo now added. Click on blue box.

6. Three different URLs will appear. Click on tiny icon to left of center one.

7. Click "Preview" to see if it worked.

Corncobcon":lp3fx7cj said:
I hope it works this time.  This pipe is my Preben Holm freehand.
This post was removed...wrong section. Please repost in pipes section. This is for posts that deal with process issues, etc. Not for posting collection items.

Thanks - BH

Re: ". . . the image box at the top of the reply screen. On my tablet it's in the second row down on the left side. On different screen formats it might be on the right, etc. Just look for it...Looks like a TV screen."

I can find no such icon on my "Reply" page. Up top I have Home, Calendar, FAQ, Search, Memberlist, Usergroups, Profile, You have no new messages, and Log out. On the left, I have Post title, Message body, a lot of emoticons and, under the emoticons, 7 rectangles with question marks in them.

Can you help? Thanks.

Rob

Rob...check out the screen shot of my REPLY screen. It comes up whenever I click on the “post reply” button on the bottom of someone else’s post...

The button to open the thing to post photos from your own computer/iPad is the one far to the left, second row...just to the left of the button that looks like a tv or monitor.