Posting photos

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyb

Reaction score
Can anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to post photos here, I've tried a couple of times with no sucess. Thanks.

Here is what I have been doing. Using the picture hosting system on the board. My pics are always in a .jpg format. I haven't tried any other format to see if it works.

Go to 'Post a Reply' window.

Click the 'Host an Image' icon. That's the one with the little diskette slightly on top of the computer screen.

Use the browse box to surf to the file on your computer.

Click the 'Host It' button.

You will be presented with three lines for your image file. I am sure that all are usable in some form or another. We are interested in the last of the three. Click the copy button next to that line. It will highlight that line. It may not be necessary, but I then right-click the highlighted text and tell it to copy.

Now, ignore that box and look just to the left of it for the Insert Image icon. Looks like a computer screen. Click it and the first screen will go away and another smaller screen pops up. Right-click inside of it and tell it to paste. Your line of saved text will be inserted. Tell it ok. Now your image is inserted into your message. You can type any text describing your photo before or after the image line. Just do not change anything in the line and it will be fine.

8)

Funny it the insert image icon doesnt show up, it just has upload at the bottom i hit that it uploads, i think, then just disappears. you would think it would be easier than this! is there software i can get to just drag it into place? i have many pics of my collection i would like to show everybody!!

Have you tried using a photo hosting service? I use Photobucket.com. I simply upload the photos to photobucket. The directions to list photos here are in my post in Mike's link a couple of posts up. You could also list a link to your photobucket account in your message and others can use that link to see your photos.

Hope this helps.

vaperfavour":7n9q9x1d said:
Funny it the insert image icon doesnt show up, it just has upload at the bottom i hit that it uploads, i think, then just disappears. you would think it would be easier than this! is there software i can get to just drag it into place? i have many pics of my collection i would like to show everybody!!
Try using a different browser. I can't upload pics with Safari (it behaves the way you describe), but Firefox works fine. Reason unknown.