Pray with me brothers!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Putting my wife on a plane to Vegas tomorrow morning for a long weekend with 4 of her out of state girlfriends. She does this a couple of times a year. This Spring they’re going to New Orleans. Whatever. But she mentioned she needed to stop by the bank before leaving. God help me!

My better-half does this about twice a year. This year she and the "girls" were in Eureka Springs, Ark. in the spring. They just returned from Hot Springs, Ark. a few days ago!! The cats and I stayed home!!!!!!! FTRPLT

Yup. I’m here holding down the fort with Watson, the troop mascot and chief plate licker. We needed grub so we got on the wireless and had a pizza sent in. Nothing like Pepperoni, mushrooms & olives to add a little ballast to the system.

Note: Abbey’s Pizza: their 16” giant has over 100 slices of pepperoni. I get the 13” large which is plenty painful. There’s so much mushroom and olive on it you can’t see the pepperoni! It’s the best pizza I’ve ever had…and the most expensive. But while the cat’s away…

Let's think positively. Maybe she had to go to the bank before her trip because she plans to stop and buy you a wonderful pipe with a tin of your favorite tobacco. For holding down the fort when she is off doing whatever it is her group plans on doing...probably not though good luck!

My Vegas strategy has always been to bring cash for gambling and pre-pay for the room and entertainment. Leave the ATM + credit cards at home. If the money runs out, I'm done gambling.