prayers for the firefighters in AZ

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPUD 15

Reaction score
I am sure that all of us have thoughts and prayers for the friends and families of the 19 brave Firefighters that have lost there lives in the fires taking p[lace in Arizona. MIKE

That is a calling. Often thankless; always tireless. We think of them too little except at times like these.

JKenP":noucozsl said:
That is a calling.  Often thankless; always tireless.  We think of them too little except at times like these.
Well said, and what a tragedy for the families.

:no: 

Can't post Cheers here............

RR

A lot of guys who died were from my home town of Prescott, AZ, fighting the fire nearby.

Thoughts and prayers to their families--incredible work those cats do.

8)

Kyle Weiss":091kjhwt said:
A lot of guys who died were from my home town of Prescott, AZ, fighting the fire nearby.

8)
Big time b**ls those guy have..to run toward what everyone instinctively runs from. Did that job for two days once during an Everglades wild fire...ground so hot your boots were smoking in minutes from the heat of the ground. Heat and fear..I'll never forget it and my respect for all firefighters..God bless them.

May they rest in peace and the good lord be with their loved ones. True unsung heroes.

Kyle Weiss":vc8vu7hg said:

8)
Didn't know it was your home town. I'm a transplant; been here ten years.

All the flags are at half-staff, and there's a vigil in a couple of hours at Prescott HS. Westboro is rumored to be planning a picket, sure hope they don't.

Andy Lowry":spgjs0f7 said:
Kyle Weiss":spgjs0f7 said:

8)
Didn't know it was your home town. I'm a transplant; been here ten years.

All the flags are at half-staff, and there's a vigil in a couple of hours at Prescott HS. Westboro is rumored to be planning a picket, sure hope they don't.
Bah! Light those tasteless f-ers on fire if they show up.

In 1981 and 82 I worked with both Hot Shot Crews and Smoke Jumpers mainly in Arizona and Oregon. I was on the air tankers and working for an outfit out of Tucson who flew Hot Shots all over the West to different fires and Twin Otters flying Smoke Jumpers into fires. Both groups are some amazing people who's bravery fighting fires cannot be overstated. My heart felt thanks to these amazing people (both men and women) and my condolences to the families of those we lost. My wife's nephew has been an Arizona fire fighter and on Hot Shot crews in Payson, Flagstaff and Prescott close to twenty years that I have known him. Thankfully he was on a different part of the fire when this tragedy occurred.

That was a really rough thing to hear. Hope their families are hanging in.