Preparing for a Move

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontariopiper

Reaction score
Hi folks,

We've sold our house and will soon (mid-August) be moving to a new-built home in a new town. I've started packing up the man cave and am wondering if anyone's got any tips for packing the baccy cellar? I've got most of it in mason jars with a few dozen sealed tins.

ontariopiper":t85dlk4h said:
Hi folks,

We've sold our house and will soon (mid-August) be moving to a new-built home in a new town. I've started packing up the man cave and am wondering if anyone's got any tips for packing the baccy cellar? I've got most of it in mason jars with a few dozen sealed tins.
I'll be in the same situation in a few months Charles. I plan to wrap all mason jars in bubble wrap with plenty of padding on the bottoms and tops.

Always a concern but a little care goes a long way.

HTH

Cheers,

RR

Pretty much what BD said, I also put cardboard dividers between each jar to minimise movement and packed the baccy box in with the other fragile things moved by us in the car rather than the moving truck.

Congrats on the move too mate.

Cheers

Tim

You could try the retailer you buy your jars from and ask if they would save the boxes they are shipped to them in as I'm pretty sure they use cardboard dividers in them. Remember these boxes of empty jars are shipped by truck so they are packed to minimize breakage. Ya can't sell broken jars ! :twisted:

Congrats on the move OP.

Thinking out the box... smoke your entire cellar before the move. Saves on packaging. Then rebuild a cellar stock at your next abode. Sorted. ;)

Thinkin’ that packing all your stash for a MOVE might be a poor idea. Thinkin’ it would be advisable to pack your best and rarest blends up for SHIPPING and send them to my address for safe keeping during your high trauma ordeal. Then when you’re settled and ready, contact me, and I might send a few of ‘em back your way.  8)

Always ready to help!

Ah, Blsckhorse. Great to know you're ready to step up and help a brother out! ??

Two pieces of sage like advice there, OP. How helpful are we?!?!

:lol!:

Just moved last summer.

Rande already gave you the best advice there is...I'd just add that with mason jars and pipes, there's no such thing as too much bubble wrap.

I had a bunch of tins, too...I keep them in three-drawer plastic shelves (you know the kind - cheap and easy from a local megamart). Those I bungeed closed and moved the whole unit rather than unpacking, moving, and repacking.

Also to add that your local liquor/wine store gets in whole loads of suitable boxes which they normally compact for the recycling service. And they have cardboard dividers which one can supplement with bubble wrap. That's whaI'm planning to do.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for all the input gents. I'll get off on a box and wrap hunt later this week!

Looking forward to the move - we're building from scratch this time instead of renovating the @#&! out of an older home as we've done twice now. Moving into a house exactly the way we want it will be a welcome change!

We'll also get our older girl home with us again, as the new place is only 15 minutes from her university campus. Living with Dad may not be the coolest option, but it's a LOT cheaper, and the food is better :D :D And her little sister is thrilled!

Sounds great OP. Lovely that your family will be back together too.

8)