Presbyterian

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyPete

Reaction score
The tobacco, not the religion. At last I will be able to try this blend as our B&M received some of it.

I would like to know how the brothers rate this blend? :?:

The current incarnation is neither as leathery nor as strong as the older version, but it's still tremendous stuff. A very harmonious mixture with nothing overshadowing anything else. I like it a lot. Good all-around english type with a heavy oriental lean. I don't know if this makes it a Balkan or not... don't care either.

Good solid pipe filler!

I like it a lot too. I never got a chance at the the older stuff. I did get newer tin recently and I enjoyed that a lot. Very liberal dosings of Orientals which I liked.

I love this stuff. The way everything blends together to create one unified taste is a unique perfection.

MisterE":gwd4v8p1 said:
I like it a lot too. I never got a chance at the the older stuff. I did get newer tin recently and I enjoyed that a lot. Very liberal dosings of Orientals which I liked.
I bought 500g in bulk today and I'm about to light my 6th bowl for the day! My Davidoff Dublin is very happy with this blend and so am I.

:bounce: :cheers: :bounce:

Sampled it, and put it on the list of tins to sell. Penzance has spoiled me big-time ;)

I like Presbyterian a lot (I just ordered some more this morming). Great oriental-forward blend.

Presby is truely wonderful tobacco, I cracked a tin of this for the first time last week, and haven't looked back.

Presbyterian is in my regular rotation. Wonderful stuff. One of the first pipe weeds that caught with me. In fact, I think I'll go burn a bowl right now!

8)

Presbyterian is one of my favorites too. I have a tin sitting next to me.

Whao, I think I'll be heading off to my local brick and mortar tobacconist first thing on Monday. I have seen it sitting on the shelves for ever but never never tried it before. Reading your comments it seems to me I've been missing out on something quite special. As alwyas, a hunt for the previous incarnation starts as well. I know it is sitting in some desolate little pipe shop near the coast of Scotland. I just know it. Having found a dusty stash of pre-"killer" label FVF tins last year I really believe anything can happen.

SpeedyPete: It's a great blend and I'm a big fan. I think Sasquatch nailed it -- it's really balanced. It would be interesting to hear what you think of it in terms of a first impression compared to your evaluation after a tin or two.

I had a tin of this a few years ago, liked it a lot. Great well-rounded kind of Oriental/English hybrid with a good amount of Lat if I remember correctly.

Is it true that Presbyterian and Red Rapparee are very, very similar? If so, I will just try the RR as it is much cheaper.