Presbyterian

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not familiar with this one, what kind of blend is it Conrad?

The presence of latikia is hotly debated with this blend. The manufacturer claims none and so do some rather trustworthy sources. Others say it's there. I personally couldn't tell you. To me it was very oriental heavy but I couldn't make out any latikia. That means nothing though. I think you'll have to decide for yourself.

Jim

Good blend. For me, this is one of those similar but different blends. Tasty and satisfying. Not as heavy as Nightcap. Not as toasted as Standard Mixtures. A bit less orientals than Margate. Less Latakia than Squadron Leader. You get the idea. And my taster may be a little wacked.

Whatever's in it; I adore the stuff!!! Have many tins, including several of the old-style "Made in West Germany" ones. One fine smoking 'baccy!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Maybe I should try a tin! I'd appreciate a lighter, sweeter Squadron Leader blend...

Presby used to be one of my go-to's many years ago. '01 or so. I always thought there was Latakia in there, albeit a smallish amount. Seemed more about the orientals to me than anything.

I should revisit this blend to see if the old magic is still there, despite my aversion to Lat blends these days.

Cheers,

RR

I remember it to be quite tasty but haven’t smoke it in many years. It works particularly well in this Ashton chruchwarden that I have which has a narrow chamber. Presbyterian and Pelican are incredible in this pipe. Just bought 10 tins. Many thanks for the heads up! My vote is yes to Latakia but orientals are the prime element. I have a few tins from the early 2000s cellared but haven’t bought any in a long time.

Thanks for the heads up on this! I just ordered 10 tins to stock up ! This has been one of my go-to blends since I first tryed it back in the early '70s! I can't say I've ever tasted any Latakia in but have enjoyed the oriental spiked va based blend ! :twisted: