Pressing matters

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosin1932

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
My second attempt at pressing tobacco, I was getting fed up with all the pouches I had that I knew I would never get around to smoking again. I would rather smoke something I know I like than endlessly sample different tobaccos. With that said I have decided to consolidate a bunch of my tobaccos by mixing them to the best of my abilities and then pressing them into space saving blocks. My first sample block, that I didn't document, was a 50/50 mix of half and half with some lane very cherry it turned out excellent which isn't surprising because half and half is one of my favorites. My second mixture I'm not counting because it was so good I didn't even bother pressing it or aging it and I smoke it about every other bowl, it is a tasty caramel aromatic English with a kick which consists of
-1 pouch (1.75 oz.) John bull regular English
-1 oz Casey Jones beyond brave
-1 oz natural cavendish
-1 oz. straight dark fired Kentucky
- 1/2-3/4 oz Lane vanilla to sweeten it some more (next time I'm just going to use a full pouch of beyond brave instead)

So this brings me to the press I started on the 13th of December, I have no idea what's in it. It was just spill over tobacco, a pouch of cherry backwoods and some random tobacco I bought at B&M's over this last year that I knew I would never smoke on their own, all in all it was about 4-5oz that I could fit in the press. I need to reinforce the walls of the press obviously because they started bowing outwards under the pressure, I did this with a c-clamp and a vice and am pretty happy with the results, I'm sure a few brothers on here have done similar things, so you know how hard it was not to take a bite out of this thing when it came out!

press 1.jpgpress 2.jpgpress 3.jpgpress 4.jpg