Price hike on GLP and C&D blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the increase on C&D is fair. Their 8oz tins were quite inepensive. As for GL Pease they should have left it as is.
I hope it won't give other manufacturers some bad ideas...

Interestingly enough, MacBaren has reduced the prices on their tins. Guess the lack of sales finally got them to see reality... unless this is a temporary thing.

Lord Guyrox":1wdli3o1 said:
I think the increase on C&D is fair. Their 8oz tins were quite inepensive. As for GL Pease they should have left it as is.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. The C&D tin prices were a great deal especially the 8oz. So ok. But $35+ for GLP! For me, that's a lot.

JimInks":9gjvf41h said:
Interestingly enough, MacBaren has reduced the prices on their tins. Guess the lack of sales finally got them to see reality... unless this is a temporary thing.
At smokingpipes, yeah, I saw that, bud. And thought the same. But I have not seen the prices drop at 4noggins or Cup O' Joes, so maybe it's just at smokingpipes thing...I hope not. though.

Old Nate":yck2ams8 said:
Lord Guyrox":yck2ams8 said:
But $35+ for GLP! For me, that's a lot.
Damn straight, for me too mate! You have another son, I've recently retired. That makes us both very broke.  :lol:

Lord Guyrox":487whfnr said:
JimInks":487whfnr said:
At smokingpipes, yeah, I saw that, bud. And thought the same. But I have not seen the prices drop at 4noggins or Cup O' Joes, so maybe it's just at smokingpipes thing...I hope not. though.
Saw this at P&C also. Thought it a bit ironic that McB was lowering as C&D/GLP were raising :p :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":r44m3u6r said:
Lord Guyrox":r44m3u6r said:
JimInks":r44m3u6r said:
Saw this at P&C also. Thought it a bit ironic that McB was lowering as C&D/GLP were raising :p :cheers: FTRPLT
Being Canadian I don't look at P&C's website. It hurts too much.
I would say, however, as MB is a leader in the industry, that C&D are following the lead? ;)

Lord Guyrox":ay8g1vg3 said:
JimInks":ay8g1vg3 said:
Just checked on this. 4Noggins did lower the prices. Cup o' Joe's didn't, but their prices are usually a little on the high side anyway.

Interesting to see the decline in Mac Baren prices. I guess "the tribe has spoken." Still more than a 100g tin of McClelland though.

C&D and GLP prices are still quite reasonable. $4.60 an ounce for the most expensive Pease 8oz tin, $3.60 for C&D's? I'll take it. Although I do prefer to put away the 2oz tins if possible.

JimInks":b8d4tbgu said:
Lord Guyrox":b8d4tbgu said:
JimInks":b8d4tbgu said:
Just checked on this. 4Noggins did lower the prices. Cup o' Joe's didn't, but their prices are usually a little on the high side anyway.
Ahhh. At the time I wrote they had not. That's excellent. As D&B said the Tribe has spoken.