Priceless Gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpipes

Reaction score
I am so stunned that I honestly don't know what to say! I am struggling here!

A package arrived yesterday but I was so busy that I didn't have time to open it until today so I waited, so I could thoroughly enjoy it. I Must give a now famous good old Piet Salute to our brother DoverPipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a little idea when the rascal dropped a hint when he was trying to con my address out of me but when I opened the box I was absolutely stunned! This is the coup de gra of vintage collectible American pipe tobacco blends for an aficionado of such like me. Something that I have actually dreamed of! Sorry, now the words are starting to flow.

Our man Dover has sent me a vintage sealed tin of John Middleton Walnut with an official seal date of February 26, 1926!!! Amazing! It even still has the key attached to the top of it waiting to be opened! I can't find a weight stamped on it but it looks and feels to be 8-10 oz.

Dover, you are the Man!!! I have tried to conjure up ways to repay such a priceless gift but I am finding it near to impossible! Thank you very much brother!!! And yes, Even though it is labeled Aromatic blend, the description (in too fine a print to get a photo of) says "Walnut is a natural blend of the world's 7 finest tobaccos." With natural underlined as quoted.

JP, after speaking with the Federal Department of Health, I have been ordered to demand that you send that unopened tobacco to me immediately for proper disposal. Such ancient tobacco is known to be of no reasonable use or value. Consuming it can lead to unspeakable results!! Therefore, immediately send this can... unopened to me via Overnight Airmail!!!!! My mailing address is..............
:lol!: :lol!:

That gift is about like the Hope Diamond... PRICELESS!!!!! ;)

Way to go, brothers!!!!

Now... JP, when ya gonna smoke it??? I'll be there... pipe in hand!! :lol:

Robert

Very, very cool. I can't wait to hear your impressions of how it smokes!

That's fantastic JP!. Where in the world did he find it? 1926! why that's older than SlowPuffs himslef!
Dover you are a Gret Man!

So whats really in the can,,a bunch of coiled snakey springy things that fly out if he opens it?,,,

Great gesture Dover, I couldn't think of a better gift for JP,,,

okay, leave it to the young novice pipe smoker to be staring at a rusty can thinking...hmm? is what's in there any good? i mean, i wouldn't eat green beans i found in a can from 1926. so,

A: will you open the can or will that ruin it's worth?

B: if you open the can, will it be smokable?

C: if B is to the affirmative, are you going to pass it around to all us young farts so we can appreciate some tobacco history?

nice job, doverpipes! whatever is in that can, it sure brought the duke to tears!

Yowza! That's the ultimate present for you, game, set, and match.

Good going Dover.

Doc Manhattan":mqxit8qd said:
Yowza! That's the ultimate present for you, game, set, and match.

Good going Dover.
Ditto that!
Knowing you JP, you must be over the moon!!!!!
Brilliant!
Well done Dover my man, so answer us man, where did you get that??????? 1926.......dang bro just brilliant!

Enjoy JP, it couldn't have happened to a finer brother!!! your heart one of the biggest on the board! Enjoy!

Dover you are Saluted man!!!!!

wow X 10

absolutely one of the more cooler things ive seen.

all of you gents are unique bunch!

camo

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: even for a Walnut gift ;) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Well, I'm glad to see the package is finally in your possession.
After seeing Gandalfpc's 100 year old sample, I was inspired to see if I could find anything similar. It wasn't quite 100 years old, but it was close!

Once I saw this, I knew Mark (JP) was destined to have it. We joke about Walnut quite a bit on B.O.B. but it is one of the oldest American blends that is still available. History & tradition demanded that it go to a true connoisseur.

When I first joined B.O.B., JP was one of the Brothers who made me feel like I belonged here. (along with PB, Jason, Winslow, Dock & Doc, Ken etc). This was a way to pay it forward and show my appreciation. I enjoy sharing with my Brothers and I appreciate all I have received since I found "youse guys".

I did in fact sneak a peek at the baccy when I found it. It appears to be 100% "smokeable" (If JP, so desires), it was not sawdust. The tin held up very well all these years. It was quite a find indeed. The tin is 10-12oz. I believe.

I am sure JP will cherish it and someday, maybe even enjoy it. Happy smokes and here's to JP, a true Brother of Briar! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

PS: If you do sample the baccy, you better head straight to the pc and start typing a review. We need to see how well it aged. (No jokes, PB!!!)

You are saluted Dover and congrats JP on such a fine gift :cheers: :rendeer: :cheers:

Okay, this is way up there on the COOL STUFF THAT HAPPENS AROUND HERE scale!!!

In the style of Piet, here's 21 salutes from Alaska on this one, Dover!

JP -- you are ultra stoked!

Good show, indeed, Dover!!

JP - so, you gonna smoke it?

-Andrew