Prices Rising Again on Murray's Tins!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have stopped looking. There is excellent blends out there for just about any taste. Well, except for Nightcap and the discontinued GL Pease blends. Even those I can get close to.

Now, if that was an older pre Murray blend. Maybe, just for the experience.

Talk about a great example of marketing hysteria!! I guess if one says "Murray's good...Orlik bad" enough times that everyone eventually believes it!! Oh well, it's their money :( FTRPLT

I have some sealed 100gr tins of McClelland #1 from 1996-1999. Maybe I should put them on ebay. Might be able to payoff the mortgage.

ftrplt":yoi3proh said:
Talk about a great example of marketing hysteria!! I guess if one says "Murray's good...Orlik bad" enough times that everyone eventually believes it!! Oh well, it's their money :( FTRPLT
I agree and besides John Middleton Walnut is 10 times better at mere pennies on the dollar compared to those prices! :D

This brings the average price on eBay for 2008 for this particular tin up to $49.22 for 2008. We will see what 2009 brings.

I agree the prices are high but remember, Dubar I think is one of the discontinued mixtures never (?) to be made, much less imported again. In a few years $66 may seem like a bargain. As to Murray/ Orlik I have smoked Early Morning side by side in both tins and bulk, they are fairly close, to my humble eyes and pallet in appearance and taste. I like them both. I hope BAT/ Orlik can get the U.S. distribution situation worked out soon. I wonder if this shortage was created to get a buzz going? :shock: