Prince Albert

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been smoking some of these OTC's since Jason put some EER'd in the box pass. Loved that. I tried SWR since it is supposed to be the closest to EER'd and Carter Hall. My preference is for CH but I guess I need to try PA to give it all a fair go. I have to admit that I am developing a taste for SWR as well.

My father used to smoke a Burley tobacco called "Old Briar".I can remember
smelling the big tub when I was a kid,that stuff smelled strong and rank.

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":kotaokux said:
I can remember
smelling the big tub when I was a kid,that stuff smelled strong and rank.

Winslow :sunny:
If it smelt rank it must of tasted good.

Tennessee Dave":eg203ua6 said:
I've been smoking some of these OTC's since Jason put some EER'd in the box pass. Loved that. I tried SWR since it is supposed to be the closest to EER'd and Carter Hall. My preference is for CH but I guess I need to try PA to give it all a fair go. I have to admit that I am developing a taste for SWR as well.
EER is one that I do like. I didn't discover it til about the time they decided to discontinue it. Dave, have you tried Stokkebye's cube cut burley?

Reminds me in flavor to EER>

I just want to say, I love Prince Albert. It's my daily smoke. I have a question for the seasoned smokers here at BoB, Is there any difference in the two different packaging options of the small pouches? One is a shiny "Luxury Pouch", the other si a plain paper, foil lined pouch like my father used to smoke 20 years ago. Both are available at the local "Tobacco Shed" in my area.

Very dependable, no hassles, nothing cute. Pairs well with; coffee, beer, or bourbon. I've also enjoyed it with simple, Tabasco sauce-laden dinners.

Prince Albert Cherry Vanilla has become a favorite. Richer and tatier than the regular variety. I don't get the chemically top note that flavored drug store tobaccos tend to have.

The Prince is one of my favorite tobaccos, there not much else to say , its a straight forward burley tobacco that is extremely hard to beat for what it is.