Prince Albert

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Yeah, I smoke it. In fact, I smoke it most of the time. Not a lot to say about it other than it's burley. No complexity here, just crimp cut burley and a whole lot of smoke. Granted, it's some very tasty burley.

Avoid the Soft Vanilla and Cherry/Vanilla versions.

I agree... PA is some good stuff.

I didn't care for the Soft Vanilla or Cherry Vanilla either.

We have a tub of this at the shop... may have to look into it.

I agree Bill. PA is a good no nonsense flavorful Burley. I have been smoking a lot of it lately myself.

I'm a burley fan but I've always stayed away from this stuff cause of the soft vanilla cigars that were NASTY. I'll have to give it a look! Thanks!

PA is a good smoke and I've smoked several tubs of it. Bill's nailed the description pretty well and I'll just add that this is a great smoke for working or fishing when you just want to smoke the pipe and not have to think about it too much. No layers of flavor or complexity, just good honest burley flavor in a cut that burns well. Best of all, you can get it almost anywhere.

Smokey

free_byrd15":bkhsg42x said:
I'm a burley fan but I've always stayed away from this stuff cause of the soft vanilla cigars that were NASTY. I'll have to give it a look! Thanks!
PA is just burley.

Bill":rin7cwr2 said:
free_byrd15":rin7cwr2 said:
PA is just burley.
Could you break that down for me? :lol!:

Bent Stem":zp2jee6g said:
Bill":zp2jee6g said:
free_byrd15":zp2jee6g said:
PA is just burley.
I suppose I could type slower. :lol:

Bill":iq5lar9t said:
Bent Stem":iq5lar9t said:
Bill":iq5lar9t said:
free_byrd15":iq5lar9t said:
PA is just burley.
I suppose I could type slower. :lol:
I still smoke alot of PA and Carter Hall. Very good plain ol burley to me :pipe:

Ol'Dawg":be17lfed said:
Bill,

Is there any difference in PA tobacco in the deluxe pouch and the regular?

Jim
The only difference in the pouch and the tub is that the tobacco in the tub is typically kept fresher and thus tastes better. The tobacco itself is the same. PA regular in the red tub is also the same as in the 5 ounce bag labled, "Prince Albert Choice", which is carried by a few tobacco retailers. There are those who believe that the PA in the bag labled, "Choice" is some other PA blend in itself, but it isn't. It's just regular PA. This was confirmed by a telephone call to Middleton Tobacco.

This tobacco is also biteless and makes a good all day smoke. It almost smokes itself it stays lit so well and burns all the way to the bottom. Breaks in and builds cake well too. Good stuff!

Pa is a good burley easy smoking
Just exactly what our ancestors intended for it to be
They didnt have time during the day to sit and try to find different flavors in a tobacco
Nor did they want to have to keep lighting it while trying to work
So PA fit the bill for most people

As in other otc's they were just good tasting easy smoking tobaco's such as Carter Hall,Sir Walter releigh,Velvet

I may have to pick up some of the old burley tubs this summer. I'm sure it'd be nice to have them kickin' around as a regular smoke.

It's the only tobacco I've ever purchased in "bulk" (a tub is bulk by my standards). Great stuff and a go to smoke for me. In fact, I am using it to break in my new Brissett poker!

-Andrew

adauria":h5105hzm said:
It's the only tobacco I've ever purchased in "bulk" (a tub is bulk by my standards). Great stuff and a go to smoke for me. In fact, I am using it to break in my new Brissett poker!

-Andrew
PA is outstanding for breaking in new pipes!

The Prince and Carter Hall are my everyday tobacco's to which I've
just added another burley based tobacco with Butternut Burley.

I guess one might say that if it ain't burley I ain't smoking it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Buck":eumz676g said:
The Prince and Carter Hall are my everyday tobacco's to which I've
just added another burley based tobacco with Butternut Burley.

I guess one might say that if it ain't burley I ain't smoking it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Where do you get the Butternut Burley?