Prizes in your tins

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet Dottle

Reaction score
This weekend there was something extraneous in my tobacco. It looked like the leafy part of a reed. Don't know what it was, but it wasn't tobacco.

In the past there were several prizes in my tins. Most of the time it has been what looks like part of some sort of netting in nylon and other fibers. But the best one was the metalic green wing of a very large beetle. Interestingly enough, never found anything in the bulk blends.

Please tell us stories of what you have found in your tins.

I normally find tobacco in my tins :D

Sounds like you maybe got a piece of stem or vein from the 'baccy leaf. I find them from time to time in some blends. Never found a beetle wing, though.

I once opened a tin of Dunhill's Royal Yacht and found the nastiest, most putrid, foul, disgusting mass of inorganic ooze that even the fully suited hazmat team wouldn't touch. Later, after extensive testing, we found out that it was Royal Yacht. Perhaps if I had aged it a bit longer, say several dozen millennia, it might have improved?

Natch

Natch":4hy9wgiu said:
I once opened a tin of Dunhill's Royal Yacht and found the nastiest, most putrid, foul, disgusting mass of inorganic ooze that even the fully suited hazmat team wouldn't touch. Later, after extensive testing, we found out that it was Royal Yacht. Perhaps if I had aged it a bit longer, say several dozen millennia, it might have improved?

Natch

:lol!:

That's quality humor.

My memory fails me at the moment. Maybe it's 1792 Flake. Or Royal Yacht. One of those is also known as "Dead Mouse in a Tin".

:lol:

I've never heard of it,but did they ever put trading cards in tins back in
the day?

Winslow