profiteering

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
To piggyback on my post about oil companies reporting a second quarter in a row of record profits while also lessening oil production, there's also shrinkflation and profiteering. For example, Post Honey Bunches of Oats not only shrunk the contents of their cereal box from 14.5oz to 12oz (same box, though), but they raised the price for a total of a 17% increase. Inflation is 8-9%, but they're using it as an opportunity to double the situation. I would like to see more coverage on this. It's a difficult line, because if you did shame these corporations, you'd also be questioning capitalism, the sacred cow. I don't have an answer for that, but I do think the corporations should be held accountable for their part in this. Every sector is doing it, too. And how can you get a handle on actual inflation rates when they're doubling up on increases? We're screwed, and we're being played by more than wars, post-pandemics, supply/demand, etc.

Yep, like I've said before Capitalism cannot exist without the support of government, i.e., bailouts, tax cuts, low, even zero, tax rates, etc. And they have the big lie of trickle down economics which hasn't worked for at least 40 years and never will. (Reagan's big lie.) Sort of defies the logic behind survival of the fittest. It's more survival of the cronies.

Government and big business are in cahoots and screwing all the rest of us.