Proud of my "little" brother

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frost

Reaction score
Just wanted to take a moment to share my admiration for my little brother, Tim.

When we were growing up, he was just a chubby little kid that used to get hassled about his weight. Through highschool we were both pretty miserable and dealt alot with depression and family issues and such. Things could have easilly gone south for both of us...I think if you asked anyone that knew us growing up where we would be in our 30s, the answer would most likely have been "jail" or "dead". Needless to say, we didn't exactly have genetics or, family history or family values on our side ;)

Anyway, somewhere along the line a switch flipped for Tim...now he is pursuing his ambitions as an MMA fighter and findind a significant measure of success. Last night, he won his Light Heavyweight quarter finals match agains Daniel Gracie (as in, the Gracies ) at Bellator 38 (televised on MTV2). This brings his pro record to a perfect, albeit hard-earned 7-0.

I realize many people on this board probably don't follow MMA much and just about everyone had a tough childhood, so maybe it's not all that impressive to alot of folks. But from my perspective, my little brother is my hero. Not because he beats people up for a living or because he was on TV, but because he is doing what he wants to do and pursuing his "dream" against the odds and regardless of the rest of the world wants or expects of him. :)

http://www.bellator.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23600&ATCLID=205107910

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avcYyYYPiR0

Rock on! You should totally be proud. I know you'd be proud of him for sticking to it and succeeding in anything... but he thing he chose to stick to is pretty badass!

Tell me he's going to his next high school reunion... that experience should be priceless.

Pretty cool. 8)

Pro fighters are so good that most people haven't the slightest idea how big the gap is between "tough guys" they've known and the real deal.

Example: a local badass/legend/cowboy/bullrider/King of the Bars guy decided to enter a regional contest in Rapid City a couple years ago to test his stuff. Not a TuffGuy competition, but something he trained a full summer for. A true MMA meet. The result? He lasted less than a minute and ended up in the hospital for a week. Afterward he looked like he'd been in a car wreck.

7-0 ought to have the bigger promotions keeping their eye on Tim. Let us know if Dana White taps him for a future TUF season. :D

That's really cool and impressive from my world view. I think I can probably barely do 10 pushups, so... well nuff said.

Just an addendum, my bro had another fight this weekend and won via a beautiful and well set up knockout. Check out the video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1FmhcU6pBSg" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow! That was one hell of a knock out... Your little bro is a beast! :cheers:

Yeah, he got the good genes. And the good work ethic...lol. Me me...not so much :lol:

ko happens at about 3:18 just in case there is anyone who has an even shorter attention span than I do.

Sweet! I knew it was going to be neat work when the total length of the video was under the time of a round.

Unrelated to your bro's performance: When they played through the intros, my first thought was "Is Joe Pesci reffing this fight?"

I've been pretty ho-hum about MMA bouts, I tend to not like the environment or posturing, but there's no doubt about it, it's a sport and there are champions.

The biggest success story is where your brother WAS and where he IS... and THAT might just make me into an MMA fan, knowing it just wasn't some dumb asshole who likes to fight and just got good, but someone who probably fought harder against himself---usually the toughest opponent out there. No wonder he's good. 8) I don't even know him and he's already fighting for those who didn't always have it easy. Good on him.

Kyle Weiss":cbqdlpz2 said:
I've been pretty ho-hum about MMA bouts, I tend to not like the environment or posturing, but there's no doubt about it, it's a sport and there are champions.
I pretty much agree. I like the sport & the training, but the fans, style and organizations not so much.

You have much to be proud of. Intimacy with family can be elusive; and just as elusive is to not be competitive and actually laud the success of the family other.