PS Balkan Supreme

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Porculo

Reaction score
So, being new to the forum, I thought reviewing my favorite tobacco would be a good way to tell you a little about me. PS Balkan Supreme is my favorite for a number of reasons.

Flavor: Full flavored but not overpowering. Now, I do enjoy "extra full flavored" overpowering smokes like 1792 flake on a very regular basis, but I am not always in the mood for it. 1792 flake, being one of my favorites, is pretty much one-dimensional (though I enjoy the crap out of that one dimension). PS BS, however, while not particularly complex, does offer a few layers of flavors. The main reason I love this blend so much is because I thoroughly enjoy the oriental leaves, and here they are front and center. While I would not call this a Latakia bomb, I would say the Latakia is very present and very noticeable.

Aroma: One of the things I enjoy most when I smoke my pipe is when the smoke hits the tip of my nose. With this blend I get a full blast of buttery and pungent oriental, a sweet hint from, largely, cavendish, and slightly more than a touch of Latakia.

Cut: Thin ribbon that comes at the perfect moisture level. Packs easily, lights readily, and burns surprisingly cool.

Price: gets another huge plus here. At an average of 30 bucks per pound, I can buy 5 pounds at a time and have a damn tasty and enjoyable all day smoke.

I am not a one tobacco kind of guy and there are lots and lots of blends out there I enjoy tremendously. PSBS is, however, the one I would take to the proverbial desert island.

Welcome to BoB and IMO you are right on the money with Stokkebye's Balkan Supreme. It's a delicious tobacco very reminiscent of older vintage blends with quality leaf, superb Orientals and it's a bargain price for sure.
Thanks for the intro and review.:cheers: 

They carry this stuff for cheap at my local Tinder Box in a jar, and I like it.

I'm 99% sure it's un-tinned Balkan Sobranie, which I like a tad more. But for the price?

Great stuff.

8)

Balkan Sasieini Kyle. It's good stuff. Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme is great stuff too :) 

It's the bulk version of Balkan Sasieni.
Still haven't had a chance to try the new Sobranie, flies off the shelves as soon as there is any stock.

Great review! I believe Butera Pelican is the same stuff too. Its good! I opened a tin of Pelican the day before last. Lats seem to hit the spot these days.

Puff Daddy":t2w82naq said:
Balkan Sasieini Kyle. It's good stuff. Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme is great stuff too :) 
Thomas Porculo":t2w82naq said:
It's the bulk version of Balkan Sasieni.
:fpalm:   Sorry.   That's what I meant.    I swear.  

8)

Yep. This a good one. Just discovered it, as I'm just a tad slow. Gonna buy tons of it, I'm thinkin'.