Publicity Disrupting Browsing on BoB

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never, ever see these either. I have to go out of my way and try to surf on the iPhone to see them. Again, it is device specific. Which of course makes people think that a user has become infected. When that is not actually the case now. Somehow these scumbag advertisers make money on these crap ads. Of course, I personally think all advertisers are scumbags and all ads crap. So it is hard for me to tell them apart. :sunny:

Poop

aptitude.autoupdatessoft4eversafe.website

using edge on my laptop

Not getting malware, ads, etc. but, my post and PM notifications have gone by the way side.
I don't get half of them anymore and NO there not in my Spam folder. I get all notifications
from other sites, just not here anymore. And everything is as it was in my Profile settings 5 years ago.
So if in case I fail to respond to a PM or a thread please email me (in hopes that works).
Anyone else getting this problem or is it just I as usual. :suspect:

I just figured nobody wanted to talk. Nope. I have received no notifications about BoB in my emails either. Thought maybe I pushed a 'do not notify me' button at some point.....

Yeeeewwwwwww, we don't need that! I think I'd give the Marines a miss at this juncture in my life too. Hope the work Carlos is doing on our behalf sorts that for you Wiz.

SHUT UP AND DO YOUR PATRIOTIC DUTY , JOIN THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS YOU BUNCH OF PANTY WAISTED .. wait I can't complete that in 2016. It's not politically correct.

I'm still not getting notifications of threads I'm watching. Hope they get what ever there do'en sorted out soon.

Well, this is the third High Threat Level Highjack attempt I get on my computer over the last 2 weeks when I try to log on this forum. :shock: A notification for an Adobe or something similar required update hides the forum's page. One of these mornings, I will be still asleep and fall in for the trap.
I am sorry to say that, but I will have to steer clear from BoB for a while, in the hope something gets done. I know this is not the Admin Team's fault, but the reality is that this is the only forum I frequent that experiences such issues.
In the meanwhile, I am going to sorely miss you, chaps.

This issue should be taken care of. I would think immediately. But it is possible that servers need to update overnight. So certainly by tomorrow at this time. If anyone experiences the redirect problem after that, please let me know the info I have asked for previously so I can pass it on.

I cannot stress the need for the info enough. These admins of Forumotion are overseas. They are not easy to talk to.

We think the problem may have been that we thought we had NO ADS for members that were logged in to the board. That was not quite the case. But our founder came in and took care of that problem for us. For the moment.

Can you imagine, you guys that saw these redirects. The quality of advertising. I have always maintained that Internet advertising is like an assault upon our person and intelligence. It certainly is confirmed in this case. CRAP ads!

Sorry about the issues guys and gals. When I first started BoB they didn't have ads, then they started with text ads, then they started the damn invasive flash ads. At that point I started paying to have the ads removed because they were an issue even then. Well as time went by, I always use an ad blocker so I never see them and I really haven't been involved in the operation in the board at all for a while so I totally forgot about the issue. I'll try to keep up on things better.

I also want to point out that no one on Bob makes any money. I originally set it up the way I did because I wasn't sure it was going to really take off being I was new to the pipe scene. So the hosting is free, with the exception of the domain name and paying for ad removal. Any money generated from the advertising goes to the hosting provider, not anyone here.

Thanks for your patience in this and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

J you went from ugly to butt ugly.. Did you get married and let yourself go or what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just recently single again unfortunately. Probably will be staying that way now. :(

Good to see you too! :p

I have a two year limit on women, or they do on me I should say. LOL