Punto Oro

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"sam"

Reaction score
I recently sent off a few old pipes to Walker for restoration and stem replacement that were originally purchased by my father and grandfather, one of which was a 50s-70s era Savinelli Punto Oro. I just smoked a bowl of London Mixture in it and was amazed by how good it was. I've been enjoying this blend lately, but it was much better in this pipe; the smoke was sweeter, creamier, cooler, and it burned down to the bottom with zero dottle left. Life is good sometimes.

The Punto Oro series was and still is one of the top levels of Savinelli's made ! They are just below the Guibleo d'Oro series which is the BEST that Savinelli makes. ( the autograph series is their freeform ARTISON series equal to the G'dO's and Punto's which are made in their standard shapes)  I have six Punto's and one G d'o and would ALWAYS put them ABOVE just about ALL currently made Dunnies and many others . :twisted: :twisted:

I recently acquired a full-bent Punto Oro with a replacement stem that I need to clean up, inspect and send off to a new, loving home. It's a solid pipe, I'm simply not into the shape.

You've experienced a GOOD pipe with GOOD tobacco, always a winning situation. Good for you!

I have 14 Savinelli's of which 8 are Punto Oro's.....the best in the West :cheers:

My one and only Punto Oro is an estate Author 320 I got from bro Mattia and it's a fantastic smoker. Damn big bowl too, good for a 2-hr smoke!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Brew dude,
Was the one I sold you a 320 KS Punto Oro Smooth Super?

Or was it a blasted model?

Shoot!
I'm trying to Sind a smooth punto Oro Super 320 ks I sold a couple of years ago. The only pipe I regret selling.

Glad your digging it.

I have a punto Oro corallo. It is fantastic. My best smoker. And I'm a sucker for natural wood pipes so it's tops.

My one Savinelli is a Punto Oro "Mister G" - blast straight Apple. maybe the best smoker I have and I do wish I had a couple more just like it.