quality of MeerschaumArt pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff,

I check out their website and they have some very nice looking pipes but I don't know about the over all quality. Maybe someone on the board has had dealings with them and can say for sure.

For some reason all of the photos on their site would not load on my computer.

Yea, I looked at their web site too and they have some very nice carved pipes. I'm looking at a simple smooth one on eBay but haven't heard of the before. Perhaps someone else out there knows of them?

Natch

Natch":uhdbf4df said:
Yea, I looked at their web site too and they have some very nice carved pipes. I'm looking at a simple smooth one on eBay but haven't heard of the before. Perhaps someone else out there knows of them?

Natch
How about AAA Meerschaum? I have seen a lot of their pipes around and I have seen them at a couple of shows. They have a very nice website and all of their pipes are reasonably priced.

http://www.aaameerschaum.com/

I would recommend asking about the tenon on any meer before I bought it.

I have owned several and the only ones that I can get to smoke worth anything are the ones with the briar type tenon mortar set up. I've had several that were flat out gorgeous but unsmokable because they had the little plastic tube doo hicky where a tenon should be.

Natch":j37yrkf4 said:
I'm considering one of their pipes. Anyone own one and/or can comment on their quality?

Thanks in advance,

Natch
Can someone please give me a link to the site Natch is referring to? Thanks

I see it now LMAO @ regor

I seem to recall hearing those IMP's have a tenon and mortis set-up?

Bulldog

Never Forget!

Bulldog Bruce":v4c5u3ab said:
I seem to recall hearing those IMP's have a tenon and mortis set-up?

Bulldog

Never Forget!
I have a couple of the IMP's and they do smoke very well IMO. When I have the money I will get another unless something new that may be better comes out but I sure enjoy thew ones that I have :sunny: :sunny:

I've had the pleasure of talking with Mr.Altinok and Deniz Ural who is White Bowl.
Now I've never seen this subject on a pipe forum before,but did you know that
Meerschaum carvers will sometimes add fills to their pipes?No different than some
briar carvers.

Winslow

I do have a AAA Meerschaum. It's a rather small lattice churchwarden. You can just get your pinky started in the bowl. But it smokes HOTW like no other pipe. Very nice. I think it was under $20.