Questions on Mossberg 935 Shotgun

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikem

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever owned a Mossberg 935 or 930 semi-automatic shotgun. I was wondering if they have had any issue? All's I've ever seen complaint wise is them not cycling 2 3/4 shells, which in my experience always depends on the gun and the round. I have had 2 3/4 rounds in my Browning that would not cycle trap rounds. I really can't afford a Benelli or Browning and want to upgrade from my Mossberg 835 pump shotgun. It will mainly be used for turkey hunting. I want to keep the price down below $1000. I have several Mossberg's, an old Browning 2000 and use to own a Winchester pump. I have had two Remington 870's and had nothing but problems with both (new out of the box). Some people have lemons with a Chevy or a Ford. My lemon's always seem to be Remingtons. Never had any issues with the pre-1990's Remington's but have not had any luck with a Remington (rifle or shotgun) since then. I am looking for a 12 gauge, semi-automatic with a pistol grip stock, 22 to 24 inch barrel, preferably camouflage's for hunting that shoots 3" inch shells. Getting too old for the 3 1/2 Magnums.

Mike,
I have no experience with the Mossberg line of arms but have never heard any negatives about them. I guess for what you will be using the gun it would be a fine purchase.
I seldom buy any new guns, always estate pieces and do a lot of skeet and sporting clays shooting. My first choice in a semi-auto would be a used Beretta to keep it in that price range. The Urika2 is a great firearm although I usually just shoot double guns.
Good luck in your search, I'm sure you will make a wise choice.

Thanks for the information and links. It answered a lot of questions. Looks like for the money I should be okay, I also found a Turkish made Weatherby that might also work.

Well, I went out and did it. Purchased the 935 Turkey with the pistol grip and put a Truglo red/green dot Turkey scope on it. With tax/etc paid around $650 (the gun shop threw in the scope mounting rail as part of the price). My local gun shop received it about three days after I ordered. My first impressions are very favorable. Good solid shot gun that seems well made. The stock is adjustable and IMHO very comfortable. Seems to shoulder very easily for sight alignment. I need to take it out to pattern the shot for this May's upcoming Turkey hunt. Shoots 3" and 3 1/2" shells. Mossberg doesn't recommend 2 3/4" shells in their manual, although I've heard of people shooting the heavier 2 3/4" rounds in it. I am really looking forward to trying this out this year.

Good price for everything Mike, sounds like a great setup. Those 3 1/2" shells must get your attention I imagine.