quick intro

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tg

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a Brit living in France. Smoked my first pipe in 1978. I am quite a heavy smoker and (working from home) tend to have a pipe lit most of the day which fact tends to drive both my choice of pipes (e.g. Falcons) and tobacco. Definitely more interested in NAD than PAD and consider cake simply as something to be reamed. I started out with Latakia (Dunhills, Sobranie etc) then after a few years moved onto the standard English tobaccos - St Bruno, Capstan, Three Nuns, Condor, Erinmore etc which I have smoked for most of my life. However, I do own several pipes and have tried lot of different tobaccos. I recently discovered the Internet and of course a whole new world has opened up ....

The big discovery for me has been the American Burleys which you cannot find in Europe. I was really surprised to have discovered after so many years what is for me THE BEST tobacco I have ever smoked- Prince Albert ! I tend to smoke this most of the time now (also CH and Edgeworth).

Looking forward to contributing if I can.

TG

Welcome tg,
Glad to have someone from the Old Country on board. One of my dreams is to get to Northern France to visit my Grandfathers grave; then on to Wales to my ancestors stomping grounds.

TG -- Greetings from across the pond... and welcome to a great forum full of knowledgable and stylish pipesters!

Welcome from the beautiful state of Tennessee. I'm a bit of an anglophile so I'll be interested in reading your posts. I know it isn't true but I've always said the Brits invented pipe smoking and that's why they are so civilized. Good to have you with us. :pipe:

Many thanks to all for the warm welcome.

EJinVA - I'm in N France myself actually.

Welcome, tg, from NYC! (My better half is a Breton, so I have a kindred spirit with N France.)

tg":ba9fgkm0 said:
EJinVA - I'm in N France myself actually.
Wow, alot of history there.
My grandfather was killed in action the first day of what we Americans call the Battle of the Bulge somewhere near Luxemberg. He is buried in the Lorraine American Cemetery at St. Avoid (Moselle), France.
EJ

Thnx again to all !

EJ - I'm actually on the NW side ie near all the WWI sites but I lived for many years in Belgium so have visited many of the Battle of the Bulge sites (Bastogne etc.). It's a pretty impressive area if ever you get the chance to get over here.