Quite Possibly The World's Ugliest Dunhill !!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm certainly no authority on Dunhill, but I can't imagine them allowing this out of their shop!

If the basic shape of this bowl matches a known Dunhill, could someone have been eccentric (or wealthy) enough to have done their own carving on it? :shock:

I saw that thing and thought it was a joke...then I checked the reference!! Ol' Alfreds' gotta' be rolling over in his grave seeing the (?) quality of the carving. I wouldn't give two cents for it...rare or not!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

Charatan made some during the depression. Hitler's the most valuable of them.

:face:

The Dunhill company is capable of some shocking lapses.

Recently, Pipestud sold a billiard with a sterling silver snake with ruby (!) eyes wrapped around the bowl.

While an interesting idea, it suffered in the execution. The snake itself was crudely executed and cartoonish. And the little ruby eyes were those junky pinkish rubies you can buy in bulk on eBay or elsewhere for about a buck apiece. The least they could have done was use really nice, ten-buck ones. Decent rubies in 3-point size are quite inexpensive.

I'm sorry I don't have a link, but believe me, it was butt-ugly too. :affraid:

I don't think that I would pay over $50.00 for any Dunhill. There are far too many quality pipes to be had for reasonable prices.

M...C...; That snake-eyed DH was absolutely the worst!! I truly thought (just like this one) that it was some kind of joke/imposter!! YGBSM!!! Another reason I won't touch any Dunnie made past 1969 (and only own one of those!!). FTRPLT

That must have been some failed experiment. I see the website has another carved briar Dunhill, somewhat better looking.