No Cheers,

RR

Last edited:

Brewdude

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I saw where Charlie had excused himself from the Stones upcoming tour due to health reasons. Never expected it to end like this. Guess I should have caught them when they came to Phoenix a few years back.

No Cheers,

RR

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
He had a surgery. Apparently that went well. But things happen. I didn't realize he was 80.

EZONSLOW

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been a little bummed out by this news the last couple of days,I have been a big stones fan for most of my life. I was lucky enough to see them on their last tour here 3 years ago in NJ. I only hope that they do not try and continue the band without Charlie - To me that would be disrespectful to Charlie. It`s not like any of the band is actually hurting for a buck!
A little known fact; Charlie had a classic car collection, but never learned how to drive a car. RIP.

Timbo

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Sad news indeed.

My favourite Charlie anecdote is from the mid 80's when the band was having a meeting in Jagger's suite in the hotel they were staying in at the time and Charlie wasnt in attendance. Mick gets on the phone to him saying "Where's my drummer?" a few minutes later Charlie struts into the room, goes up to Mick and punches him square in the face. "I'm not your effing drummer, you're my effing singer." He then turned around and left the room.

Absolute legend of a man.