R.I.P. George Carlin

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
:cry: I loved that guy, a profane voice of ironic reason in an uptight world. Thanks George! You made this spinning ball of dirt and rock a better place for many 8)

Quotes by Carlin:

When cheese gets it's picture taken, what does it say?

When someone asks you, A penny for your thoughts, and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?

If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted?

When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?

I thought about how mothers feed their babies with tiny little spoons and forks so I wondered, what do Chinese mothers use? Toothpicks?

If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Is a vegetarian permitted to eat animal crackers?

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

Why do croutons come in airtight packages? It's just stale bread to begin with.

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.

It's a wonder Ed Sullivan allowed him on the show, but then again Elvis made it on Ed's show "waist up" :lol:

He first performed his "seven words" bit in Milwaukee in 1972. It got him arrested for disturbing the peace. A judge dismissed the case, saying it was indecent but not obscene and didn't disturb the peace.

When a New York radio station broadcast the routine, it led to a 1978 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that upheld the government's authority to sanction stations that broadcast offensive language.

"So my name is a footnote in American legal history, which I'm perversely kind of proud of," Carlin said earlier this year.
Nothing better for the courts to do?

Slow Puffs":n9tnr7ve said:
Nothing better for the courts to do?
The courts are not immune to the great American principle of outrageous public debacle as a manner of governing of it's subjects.

Carlins best work really came late in his career when he fine tuned his philosophical socio-political commentary like this, a true gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKguI0NFek

I remember buying one of his albums when I was in junior high. My mom said she would never have let me buy it if she had known.... I was not allowed to listen to it for several years :D

I will sure miss Him. He made me laugh like few others did!!!!

I was at that '72 show at Summerfest (a lake front festival Milwaukee has every year) and as best I remember it was early in his routine, the police "whisked him away rather quickly, and we were all left wondering what had happened. But then, I was 21 at the time, they sold ice cold beer in really big mugs, and it was Milwaukee (formally the beer capitol of the world) so it might have happened differently. :mrgreen: But that's the story/memory I'm sticking with.

Natch