• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

R. M. Perkins - Bent Rhodesian

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. M. Perkins

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just finished this 1/8 Bent Rhodesian the other day, and I'm really excited about it.

This is a new design for me, and I was playing around with stains while I was at it, so this is also a new finish for me, as well.

I should be able to duplicate the pipe pretty easily in the future, but I'm not 100% sure about the stain.

I wrote down what I did, but you just never know if you can do it exactly the same until you try it.

Anyway, this one is $200.00 USD delivered anywhere on earth, and there's a PayPal "Buy Now" button on my website if anybody's interested.

Cheers and thanks for looking.

Robert

BentRhodesian01.jpg

Specifications
Materials: Grecian briar and Absylux® stem
Length: 5.163 inches (131.1 mm)
Tobacco Chamber: 0.835 inches (21.2 mm) diameter x 1.520 inches (38.6 mm) tall
Outside of Bowl: 2.085 inches (53.0 mm) diameter x 1.960 inches (49.8 mm) tall
Weight: 1.8 ounces (50 grams)
Briar Grade: NA (rusticated)
Workmanship Grade: 4/5
Trappings: Comes with a nice pipe sock hand-sewn by Adriana

Flawless shape. No #%@&ing bowl coating. A concave button. Nicely done. Great price.

Richard Burley":h3bxf7g9 said:
Flawless shape. No #%@&ing bowl coating. A concave button. Nicely done. Great price.
Thanks so much, Richard.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of bowl coatings, either.

As far as the concave button is concerned ... Years ago I was bending a stem, and apparently I got the bit a little too hot, because it went bllluuuhhh and took an odd set. I thought the stem was ruined, but I tried it out after it cooled and I ended up really liking it, so I've been making them that way deliberately ever since ... not overheating them, of course, just shaping them that way from the beginning.