Rad Davis Rhodesian

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
The title is code for "busted". I had saved some cash to take to the NYC Show this Saturday, but it looks like I'll be going with a thin wallet. I was at dinner with my parents this evening and happened to glance down at the email from Rad Davis. You guys know my affinity for chubby Rhodesians and I couldn't resist this one. In the past two years, when he posted this shape, I didn't have the cash or I wasn't quick enough on the draw. I particularly like the way he uses this color of stain(s)and the black, vulcanite stem.

FH02345MainF.jpg

FH02345Pic1F.jpg

FH02345Pic5F.jpg

FH02345Pic3F.jpg

Now that is Phenomenal and Gorgeous!  :affraid: 
Your a lucky man Riff to be able to get your hands on one of his pipes
They'll always be just a dream to me. :( 

Beautiful pipe. Enjoy smoking it.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Nice Rhody Al, good purchase, hope it serves you well for many years to come.  :sunny: 

Yowza! Yep, that ticks all the boxes for me as well. Looking to acquire my first Rad soon too. Beautiful pipe.

What a pipe! I'd call it a fat author, though. Maybe that shape can be called the Chesterton:

chesterton1.jpg

Needless to say, Sav 320, eat your heart out!

riff raff":veqeijzo said:
The title is code for "busted".  I had saved some cash to take to the NYC Show this Saturday, but it looks like I'll be going with a thin wallet.  I was at dinner with my parents this evening and happened to glance down at the email from Rad Davis.  You guys know my affinity for chubby Rhodesians and I couldn't resist this one.  In the past two years, when he posted this shape, I didn't have the cash or I wasn't quick enough on the draw. I particularly like the way he uses this color of stain(s)and the black, vulcanite stem.  
FH02345Pic3F.jpg
I LOVE the blast and finish on that one. So Rad calls the Author shape a Rhodesian, interesting  :twisted:

Funny. I saw that pipe and thought, "riff would like that."

Congrats!

monbla256":e05wp3ot said:
I LOVE the blast and finish on that one. So Rad calls the Author shape a Rhodesian, interesting  :twisted:
I was gonna say the same. Nonetheless, a fabulous pipe! Hope you enjoy it!

. . . yeah, it kinds looks like an Author, but if Rad says its a Rhodesian, who are we to gainsay him? In any case, it's a great-looking pipe and a fine choice. Nice workmanship on the stem, I noticed. Congratulations!

That's one pipe that has it all. Wouldn't change a thing Rad nailed it. Congrats Brother :cheers: :cheers: 

I don't purchase many new pipes, so breaking one in is an infrequent task. This one took a while to break in, maybe 15 bowls? I guess the bare wood takes a while for cake to form. I was worried about my purchase decision 10 bowls in, but at 15+ she's doing quite fine.

You are to be admired. One for your pipe, and two, if Rad said it's a rhodesian, It is.