RAD

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
While I do make my own fresh pasta every now and then I've never made flavored pasta. There's a really nice Italian Deli that does next town south of me called Terra Cotta so when I went to the audiologist I stocked up on a few since it's been cool.

Today I harvested our garlic scapes, it takes 2 years in the ground for garlic to mature to a good sized head, these are last years and will be ready next year and I'll plant more right around the first frost.

Olive oil, sliced thin German garlic, the scapes, 1/2 cup vegetable stock with a healthy squirt of lemon juice, brown the garlic lightly then add the scapes, when the Carlie is nearing the color you want add some butter then the vegetable stock.

The salted pasta water should be boiling while you are working on the topping, the pasta I used is Parsley & Garlic, cooked 2 1/2 minutes and drained, return to pot, a few shakes of extra virgin olive oil tossed with a bamboo spoon then pour the topping over it and serve with shaved Parmesan Cheese.

After cleaning up, feeding Levi his supper and a meander to do what he needs to do I'm going to enjoy a smoke.

Bleeker Street in the Rad Davis commission Squashed Canted Morta Tomato with black bamboo shank and Tortoise Shell Stem. Keep it smokey!
banjo

a0d1594953ef24d401502fc62f326d6351fbe79.jpeg

Now ya gone an' done it banjo.....I'm hungry for some of that garlic pasta!

Made a similar dish in the past, but not with home made pasta or home grown garlic. I can only imagine how much better it must be with those key ingredients.

And keep it smoky indeed, amigo!

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR

nice! harvested 275 garlic mid may here. will plant in august. up north - harvetsed 2 months later and planted first of october.

Nice pipe too!

how do you like and what are your thoughts about smoking a morta? always wanted one but i also have heard a lot of strange comments re: their smoking character/quality.

Will find my post I did 2 years ago smoking each of my Morta pipes with as near possible weather and time of day and the same tobacco. When I find it I'll send you the link.
banjo

Found it faster than I thought I would. https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t23597-seven-morta-pipe-smoke-off?highlight=Morta+pipe

oldmansmokingpipe":d6whwuyi said:
nice!  harvested 275 garlic mid may here.  will plant in august.  up north - harvetsed 2 months later and planted first of october.

Nice pipe too!  

how do you like and what are your thoughts about smoking a morta?  always wanted one but i also have heard a lot of strange comments re: their smoking character/quality.

Just edited my last post to add the link, a lot of folks found it handy, cheers.
I own more than seven now!
banjo

oldmansmokingpipe":myc0hrrz said:
thanks - no big deal - just was wondering.  :D

wow! Thanks! some gorgeous pipes and i believe we lost Paolo Becker too. yes?

Denovic or whatever his name is has some gorgeous pipes from what i have seen - A few i really wish i could afford.

Thanks Banjo! What a fine collection of pipes!

Yes we lost Paulo, always the gentleman when we conversed and always thanked me for remembering his father, Fritz. Thankfully Paulo's son , Federico, had been working with Paulo as he did with his father, I own one 100% by Federico and can say w/o reservations the Becker name is in good hands.

Check your messages.
banjo

oldmansmokingpipe":mifuv5kp said:
wow! Thanks! some gorgeous pipes and i believe we lost Paolo Becker too.  yes?

Denovic or whatever his name is has some gorgeous pipes from what i have seen - A few i really wish i could afford.

Thanks Banjo!  What a fine collection of pipes!