Ramen?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jevverrett

Reaction score
There seems to be a shortage of the beef flavored ramen here in ct. No e of the stores in my area have anything but the chicken. This has been going on for months now. Anybody else have this experience?

Well that sucks I used to eat ramen noodles until I realize that it takes up to five years for them to fully digest into your stomach and that kind of scared me that it takes so long true story look it up

Supply and demand? Or maybe something went haywire with their beef packets. OR, what generally happens with products I like, it gets discontinued because not enough folks were buying it...

My wife found them last night. She took my kids down to her mother’s house, 40mins away. The store had 2 cases left. So, we’re good for a month maybe. It seems a little odd it’s only the chicken everywhere. She went to BJs, and they had pallets of only chicken literally piled to the ceiling haha.

I’m going to have to look up that digestion bit, that seems a bit weird to me lol.

Find a Korean foods store. Look for Chapaghetti. A larger size Ramen type of instant noodles. Way better than anyone ever thought a Ramen noodle meal could be. Follow the directions!!

Blackhorse":fm4kokwb said:
Jeez.  Stores around here have like ten flavors and at least three or four brands. What is this...the Ramen belt?

OMG...what are they thinking???

Yes, it's the Ramen Port of call....

Ramen Oreos. Why the heck not? (I guess)

I dont think that Ramen oreos really need to be a thing lol. We do seem to have an abundance of beef Ramen here though

I found beef and all the other flavors on amazon for 12 for 9$. Maybe there is a pricing conspiracy

They have a section of Ramen at my preferred grocery store as long as a 70's Cadillac that takes up all the shelves, but it is all the same brand. Nissan, Koyo, and Lotus Foods are all brands I keep hoping to see. There's a great Asian market about an hour away that has fresh ramen noodles, but I'm lucky if I get there once a year.

Ramen... thats a new one on me. Not seen them this side of the pond. :scratch: It's Super Noodles over here... guessing that's the same thing :scratch:

I’m really like the kimchi flavored ramen but when we have the urge jungle Jim’s International Market has an unrivaled selection

I was really hoping to not have to buy them online. I can’t seem to find anything other than chicken though. I like to mix the oriental or the chili with the more standard flavors. Also, I jazz up the spices a bit and put meat and eggs and veggies and such in them. I make a peanut butter sauce sometimes my kids love too.

Now I’m hungry lol.

Jevverrett":h62eqy8s said:
I was really hoping to not have to buy them online. I can’t seem to find anything other than chicken though. I like to mix the oriental or the chili with the more standard flavors. Also, I jazz up the spices a bit and put meat and eggs and veggies and such in them. I make a peanut butter sauce sometimes my kids love too.

Now I’m hungry lol.

Yeah...I like the Oriental flavor the best and tend to put in lots of stuff too. Yummy. Cool idea with the Thai peanut sauce. I often just chop up some peanuts and sprinkle ‘em on top. Now I’M hungry for some salad rolls!

Ramen seems to be the inexpensive solution to filling meals these days. Back when I was a young buck it was Rice-a-Roni. A box cost like .19 back in '70 and could feed 4. Remember going through plenty of those. Soy sauce always improved the flavor.

Can't do either these days due to the sodium and me being hypertensive!

Cheers,

RR

They are salty. I never considered the price as it relates to being poor. I ate a lot of pasta and ramen growing up however. I guess that’s why you shouldn’t have 5 kids in 8 yrs without a decent income lol