Randy Wiley

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Good Briar. Check.
Comfortable stem. Check.
Good Mechanics. Check
Oil Cured. Check.

This guy makes a very good smoking pipe at a very reasonable price. I'm not going to say that the shapes will appeal to everyone, nor that the freehands are "high grade" in their execution.

But for outright smoking characteristics, these pipes are winners, and well worth considering as a daily smoker for a serious pipester.

Mechanically, mine is tubular, bowl to button, around 1/8" diameter airway, which makes for very smooth smoking, but a slightly thick stem. Still comfortable though. Chamber is a little conical - so the whole thing has kind of a Danish flair.

Tasty pipe.

I have one Wiley. In fact it was the first "higher grade" pipe that I bought. It is a fabulous smoker and your description of it is dead on. Nice looking pipe in the Galleon line.

Amen Brother!!! :cheers:
I have a rusticated Wiley "Meteor" it is a cannon barrel sized bent billiard in black. By far my most favorite pipe. Just looking at it blows me away, smoking it is even better!!!!
I think these pipes deserve more attention. Bloody marvelous I'd say!

Thanks for the review. I've been meaning to pick up a Wiley one of these days. Yeah, his style is very subjective. To me they look like a kind of hybrid Danish freehand mates with a semi-churchwarden who mates with a Boswell. Every time I pass on one, I see a different one I like better...

I'm smoking a Wiley right now. Hadn't smoked it in about a month or so. It's six inches long, and about a quarter bent freehand, nice grain. Well balanced, fairly open draw. Loved it when I got it. Now . . . so so. It smokes real well. The guy I bought it from thought I'd be going nuts on Wileys pretty quick, but I keep going back to the Italians, and of course that crazy Canadian guy. They just feel better. I'm sure I'll get a couple more Wileys before it's all said and done.

:farao: