RANT!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Why do people think that I want to hear their conversations? Everywhere I seem to go people with their bluetooth enabled cellphones are blabbing so loud that anyone within 20 feet of them can hear their conversation. I'm getting pretty tired of it. Some may remember that years ago you could purchase a cell signal disabler. They became illegal when physicians said that they were a public danger, because they couldn't get emergency phone calls. I still have one and am very tempted to start carrying it again, although I don't know if it still works.

I just love it when some fool is doing his business in the men's room while talking on his cell phone. I always flush several times just for effect!!!!!! FTRPLT

I always flush several times just for effect!!!!!!
I just flush several times because it's fun.
giphy.gif

Why do people think that I want to hear their conversations? Everywhere I seem to go people with their bluetooth enabled cellphones are blabbing so loud that anyone within 20 feet of them can hear their conversation. I'm getting pretty tired of it. Some may remember that years ago you could purchase a cell signal disabler. They became illegal when physicians said that they were a public danger, because they couldn't get emergency phone calls. I still have one and am very tempted to start carrying it again, although I don't know if it still works.
😡😤😖

Hehehe, for the restroom callers I grunt and groan extra loudly with some loud fake farts thrown in for good measure. They generally get the hint and end the call.

I’m not particularly bothered by it. Instead Im amazed at what people say. There is a guy in our neighborhood who would go on walks and loud talk using his speakerphone. We heard about embarrassing medical issues, legal trouble, and marital strife. Acquiring a Bluetooth headset brought relief to the neighborhood.

My kids used to take the city bus lines for basic transportation to and from work. (Covid pretty much fixed THAT.) Anyway, they used to have regular stories about people blathering on out loud on their mobile phones. They vacillated between the following explanations: 1. The users were mentally challenged, thinking that talking loud in the phone proved they were real & had a life. 2. Phone users have a poor understanding of physics and really don’t realize they are impinging on the “sound space” of other citizens. 3. They suffered from extreme narcissism but, being poor, couldn’t afford therapy…plus they didn’t realize they needed therapy…double whammy. It’s a hard knock world.