Rats! Mold!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermit

Reaction score
Just popped a tin of GLP Regents Flake.
Moldy from top to bottom.  :twisted:
Oh well, it happens.  Not much recourse when ya bought it over three years ago.
Opened another, (bought five and put em away) it looks good.
Fixin' to light up a bowl...

...Delicious!  Very tasty blend; I hope the other three tins are viable.  

Not blaming, just ranting.  
Ya never know when you've been cellaring a tin for years what may await.
Kinda like clippin' a really fine cigar you've saved for years and it's plugged.

Since it is tinned by Laudisi (smokingpipes sort of) give them a call. They will more than likely replace it. I had several tins of Chenets Cake were iffy that they gave me credit for. They were all several years old.

I called them and they gave me a packaging label to send the tins back. Easy peasy. Fantastic customer service.

I had issues with mold on some C&D tobacco. They were really easy to deal with and paid for the shipping on the return. I think the replacement was sent 2nd day.

Geoff, my rule of thumb is this, do not mess with the tins unless you notice say a 6 month old tin looking like it's fixing to have puppies. Unusual swelling of fresh tins is the tell tale sign something is very wrong. On a 10, 20, or 30 year old tin swelling is normal. Sometimes so severe that the tin must be stored on its side or risk rolling away. On say a 5 YO tin the lids might be swollen enough to come even with the edge.

Hopefully this helps
Jim