Rattray tin label surprise

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hal Ling

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this isn’t the right place within this forum for this post.

So here’s something new -to me at least!

I went to remove the Rattray Old Gowrie label off the tin to make a lid label for the jar I decided to transfer it to and low and behold, the back of the label peeled off and revealed that the entire tin label was also a sticker waiting to be used!

What a great idea and why can’t other blenders do the same? It really made quick work of making a cellar label!

https://imgur.com/a/yh2PN1u

Did anyone else know about this?

I have not heard of that before. I have thought of this idea before, thought it would be cool if labels could be peeled off tins to transfer to storage jars. Guess Rattray read my mind

I did not know that label came off like that. I have read that some take photos of the tin, print it off and glue it to the jars.

Some of the old Sutliff labels peel off and have enough stickup on the back of them to be put on storage jars. I use them and C&D labels for making book marks.(another little crafty thing I do). Just cut the C&D label off with a hobby knife and they fall right off. The C&D labels need to be glued. I'll have to check one of my Rattray tins also, thanks Hal.