reamers wider than Senior?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I've used my Senior pipe reamer for several years and it works well on most of my pipes, those ranging around 20mm chambers. When screwed open as far as its goes, it shaves down to what I think is a perfect, thin cake for pipes of that diameter. However, I recently received a pair of pipes from Germany and one, looking like the chamber was pre-carbonized, tastes more like it was lined with tar or black oil-based paint!

I want to shave it down to as close to the original wood as I can get, and the Senior reamer doesn't adjust wide enough to do it. Anyone know if other brands are adjustable to wider dimensions? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Natch

Use 400 or 600 grit sandpaper and just sand that crap on outta there. Shouldn't take you but a few minutes and the higher grits should keep mistakes from happening.

hazmat":s0d92ycd said:
Use 400 or 600 grit sandpaper and just sand that crap on outta there. Shouldn't take you but a few minutes and the higher grits should keep mistakes from happening.
I agree with Hazmat. That is what I do when I am completely reconditioning a pipe. I have an old Kleen Reem pipe reamer that won't open that wide either.

Thanks guys. That suggestion is too logical, simple. and obvious for me to think of it!!! It took me all of 10 minutes with a couple of different grits to take it down to the original wood.

Natch