Recently made RDPipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Been making a lot of Bulldog and Rhodies of late and most have sold before I was even able to post them anywhere.
Not complaining mind you, it's been a welcomed turn around for me. I will continue to make Bulldogs and Rhodesian's for awhile.
I like making them because there my favorite shape and when I do one right it gives me that warm feeling you get when your
finally pleased about something you've made. Here's a few that I've done but, are gone now.

DSC00615.JPG
DSC00632.JPG
162-1.JPG
161-2.JPG
160-1.JPG
158-1.JPG

Ron, make a hundred each of the first one and last two!! You'd sell'em all!!!!! The one with the clear/Perspex bit is a "home run!!" FTRPLT

Thank you Rande! You still have that Big Bulldog I made quite awhile ago?
If so I hope it still serving you well sir.

Yessir, still have it and love smoking it. It's a helluva handful and while not a clencher it smokes dry and cool. In fact I still have all 7 pipes you made me and 3 of them are your classic doggy shape. Wunnerful..........

:p

Cheers,

RR

Ron, make a hundred each of the first one and last two!! You'd sell'em all!!!!! The one with the clear/Perspex bit is a "home run!!" FTRPLT
It seems we have a conflict of interest, I like the 2nd and the 5th one the best but, I would hope any that I make like them will sell
quickly see'en that if I make it a purpose to duplicate any of them it might be harder then to just make another, if that made
any sense at all. LOL!

Yessir, still have it and love smoking it. It's a helluva handful and while not a clencher it smokes dry and cool. In fact I still have all 7 pipes you made me and 3 of them are your classic doggy shape. Wunnerful..........

:p

Cheers,

RR
So Glad you still have'em and still enjoy them Rande, that's great. I hope that everyone that has and will purchase one will be able to do the same sir.

I agree, that first one is awesome! Love the clear stem
Thank you sir, sadly it's made from extruded Acrylic instead of cast and is a real PITA to work with.
Still great for stems but, I need to order some cast (and it's more expensive) before we do another.

By the way, ya know anyone that wants 6 feet of extruded clear acrylic? LOL!

3 and 6 are my favourites Ron, been loving your work of late and will put in an order soon once I recover from my last round of splurging on synths.

3 and 6 are my favourites Ron, been loving your work of late and will put in an order soon once I recover from my last round of splurging on synths.
Thank you Timbo! I'll be here when your ready sir.

You’ve heard of interesting terms used to describe a large group of animals. Like a murder of crows...a shrewdness of apes...a cauldron of bats...an army of caterpillars...a conspiracy of lemurs...a prickle of porcupines ...an unkindness of ravens...blah, blah, blah. So what would a big group of bulldog pipes be called?

Oh yeah. Watson reminded me. A Grumble of Pugs. (So funny...but accurate.)

Edit: I found one website dedicated to the names of groups of dogs. It claimed that a group of Bulldogs was call a “Fart!”. Oh my. I don’t think I want to apply that, or any related, designation to Rons Bulldogs.

PS: a PUFF is already taken. That’s for Pomeranians.

How about one of the following:

a Cloud...a Waddle...a Strut...a Snuffle...

...well, whatever.

Last edited:
It seems we have a conflict of interest, I like the 2nd and the 5th one the best but, I would hope any that I make like them will sell
quickly see'en that if I make it a purpose to duplicate any of them it might be harder then to just make another, if that made
any sense at all. LOL!
Well I'm enjoying the heck out of smoking the 5th one, I'll tell you that. Last we "spoke" I rambled on about its aesthetics and tactile beauty. Well now I can add to that its SMOKING beauty because I finally worked up the courage to put flame to that work of art, carefully of course, and man, that dog smokes so wonderfully smooth! In all seriousness, I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a better pipe that one could get anywhere else.

Well I'm enjoying the heck out of smoking the 5th one, I'll tell you that. Last we "spoke" I rambled on about its aesthetics and tactile beauty. Well now I can add to that its SMOKING beauty because I finally worked up the courage to put flame to that work of art, carefully of course, and man, that dog smokes so wonderfully smooth! In all seriousness, I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a better pipe that one could get anywhere else.
I was hesitant to smoke mine at first as well since I didn't want to tarnish the beauty, even the inside of the bowl was pristine and beautiful lol. But Ron's pipes are made to be smoked, and smoke it I do, such a perfect blend of form and function. Must save up for another.

You’ve heard of interesting terms used to describe a large group of animals. Like a murder of crows...a shrewdness of apes...a cauldron of bats...an army of caterpillars...a conspiracy of lemurs...a prickle of porcupines ...an unkindness of ravens...blah, blah, blah. So what would a big group of bulldog pipes be called?

Oh yeah. Watson reminded me. A Grumble of Pugs. (So funny...but accurate.)

Edit: I found one website dedicated to the names of groups of dogs. It claimed that a group of Bulldogs was call a “Fart!”. Oh my. I don’t think I want to apply that, or any related, designation to Rons Bulldogs.

PS: a PUFF is already taken. That’s for Pomeranians.

How about one of the following:

a Cloud...a Waddle...a Strut...a Snuffle...

...well, whatever.
I like FART cause it's something I do quite often but, I think I'll pick Strut because I at least I use to be able to do that and anyone smoking one of my dogs should Strut! LOL!

Thank you so much sir!
LiftHat.gif
I'm so happy it is performing well for you and I hope it will continue for many years to come.