Recommend a small bowled pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Older Savinelli bent Bob's are very small and very affordable on eBay. Great smoking little pipes. And old Danish Kriswill's are another option.
Enjoy the treaure hunt.
Doc

Will getting a smaller bowl eliminate the problem, or will the taste diminish at the same relative point throughout the smoke (at the midpoint, no matter how small the bowl is)?

If that's the issue, get one with a conical (tapered) chamber. (Dublin, Woodstock &c.).

Ordinarily, these intensify flavor (and Vitamin "N") toward the bottom.

:face:

VITAMIN "N" first time I recall seeing that one.
:lol!:
Thanks for the quip Yak
Doc

Yup, another ressurection....

Most of my pipes are rather small bowls, but I still get a half hour smoke out of them and never notice them losing flavour or getting too hot or gurgly at the end......

I've got a Kriswell, at least i think it's a Kriswell - note to self, must check - that has a smaller bowl. I like it because it's the lightest pipe I have so it not only makes it convenient for a shorter smoke if the mood takes, but it's also a great clencher.

As an aside, interesting to scan back through some of the posters in this thread. Some names I recognise because although I didn't have the pleasure of sharing a thread with them, they're often spoke of with fondness by those who have. Others, I dont have a scooby.

Prompted by Wiz's revival of this thread I pulled out said pipe mentioned in my post above and decided to take it for a walk through the Welsh country side near my in laws. The children were zipping about exploring whilst I sauntered along at the back, hands thrust deep in my pockets searching out some warmth, clenching the pipe with a bowlful of Gawith Hogarth ' s Curly Cut. Although cold the sun was heavenly and the first lambs were enjoying the scene too.

Yup, that sure was a great smoke.

Thanks for the prompt Wiz!

Stick":tw4xv7qj said:
Prompted by Wiz's revival of this thread I pulled out said pipe mentioned in my post above and decided to take it for a walk through the Welsh country side near my in laws.  The children were zipping about exploring whilst I sauntered along at the back, hands thrust deep in my pockets searching out some warmth, clenching the pipe with a bowlful of Gawith Hogarth ' s Curly Cut. Although cold the sun was heavenly and the first lambs were enjoying the scene too.

Yup, that sure was a great smoke.

Thanks for the prompt Wiz!
Dang, Stick!! Your walk description sure brought back a lot of good memories of my last visit to your neck of the woods!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

The top one is a Growley Rhodesian. I'ts pretty small and light. And it's just dam good looken.

If yer lookin for a small pipe, a Kaywoodie Colt is hard to beat.