Quantcast

Refurbished Pipes

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
George at Precision Pipe Repair returned a group of pipes to me today. In the picture you can see some that are awaiting me to send off to him for a clean up. The biggest problem with all these was the nasty green on the bits. My feeble polishing efforts would not touch them. I liked them, and wanted to keep them to smoke. At least for now. All nice older models with a lot of life in them.

George did exactly what I needed and didn't have to replace any bit. The extra polishing and cleaning he did was a bonus for me. I don't mind some toothmarks and darking of the rims. The bits are smooth and the airways open. I really think the former owner must have been one of those guys always carrying a pipe in his mouth. At least from the heavy green you can see on those waiting to be mailed off.

I don't want to sound like a salesman. More a pleased customer. And to show off what I consider some really great value smoking pipes. Those just arrived back are a Kaywoodie Standard 4 hole, a GBD Rockroot, a Comoys Canadian 296, and a pair of Savinelli Capri's #'s 705 and 810.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
Those green stems are kind of like biting down on emery cloth. So much nicer when they are clean and smooth.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the photo Carlos... it's amazing how the pipes come to life with loving care and skill.
:D Paul

puros_bran

Reaction score
Amazing how some crappy looking pie that would draw a 3-4 dollar bid on the bay can be made into something so nice.

thomas james

Reaction score
A cluttered desk is the sign of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Love the Comoy Canadian,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm with you Carlos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,charred rims are not a problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kinda like boxers with ears bit off.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
LL did point out that the Comoys wasn't actually charred, but simply darkened. My mistake for using charred. It's fixable. But it wasn't a problem for me. Especially since it would look that way again in a short time probably. It's not such a big Canadian that it prevents you from clenching while typing.