Refurbished Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
George at Precision Pipe Repair returned a group of pipes to me today. In the picture you can see some that are awaiting me to send off to him for a clean up. The biggest problem with all these was the nasty green on the bits. My feeble polishing efforts would not touch them. I liked them, and wanted to keep them to smoke. At least for now. All nice older models with a lot of life in them.

George did exactly what I needed and didn't have to replace any bit. The extra polishing and cleaning he did was a bonus for me. I don't mind some toothmarks and darking of the rims. The bits are smooth and the airways open. I really think the former owner must have been one of those guys always carrying a pipe in his mouth. At least from the heavy green you can see on those waiting to be mailed off.

I don't want to sound like a salesman. More a pleased customer. And to show off what I consider some really great value smoking pipes. Those just arrived back are a Kaywoodie Standard 4 hole, a GBD Rockroot, a Comoys Canadian 296, and a pair of Savinelli Capri's #'s 705 and 810.

herdadditions.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photo Carlos... it's amazing how the pipes come to life with loving care and skill.
:D Paul

Amazing how some crappy looking pie that would draw a 3-4 dollar bid on the bay can be made into something so nice.

A cluttered desk is the sign of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Love the Comoy Canadian,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm with you Carlos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,charred rims are not a problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kinda like boxers with ears bit off.

LL did point out that the Comoys wasn't actually charred, but simply darkened. My mistake for using charred. It's fixable. But it wasn't a problem for me. Especially since it would look that way again in a short time probably. It's not such a big Canadian that it prevents you from clenching while typing.