Relocating

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fr_Tom

Chaplain
Reaction score
The nature of my work is such that it is not uncommon to find yourself the migrant farm worker in the fields of the Lord. My wife and I are both clergy, and so these things are complex, but we will be heading to Virginia in a month or so.

We made an offer on a house, and it was accepted. I think the appraisal was done today. There are inspections, etc. You know how these things go. We are getting our current house "market-ready."

This particular move is for my wife, and she starts January 1. My own situation is a little more up in the air for now, but it will resolve itself soon.

While we were in Virginia on a house hunting expedition, I dropped in on a tobacco shop and smoked a pipe while talking to the staff/patrons.

All change then, Padre. A new chapter in your life's book. Wishing you and yours happiness in your new home. :sunny:

Home the move is smooth and uneventful for you and your family.

I enjoyed my time in Virginia while I was working there. It’s a really history rich environment. Particularly around the Richmond area, I lived on the route Washington took to Yorktown and down the street from the Gains Mill and Cold Harbor Battlefields.

When one is called, one moves. I congratulate your wife for a new placement, and wish you the best in your new endeavors. Of course you know that you will be where you need to be when you need to be there. Enjoy the new adventure!

Of course you might want to look into the local Indian restaurant....

Ozark Wizard":6xwmsjue said:
When one is called, one moves. I congratulate your wife for a new placement, and wish you the best in your new endeavors. Of course you know that you will be where you need to be when you need to be there. Enjoy the new adventure!

Of course you might want to look into the local Indian restaurant....
India Garden sets a high bar. I will find a place though. Next one is on me...

Good Luck on the Move! With you handle and avatar I always thought you were Roman Catholic. :shock:

daveinlax":ksrhbp6h said:
Good Luck on the Move! With you handle and avatar I always thought you were Roman Catholic. :shock:      
The joke with the RC clergy here is that I am as Catholic as they are but just not Roman enough. I am Episcopalian so Anglican Communion.

Have a blessed birthday Padre.

shopping

Cheers,

RR