Remission!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rande, I'm so happy for you sir and I hope it never comes back and you live a long and happy life.
I've been making a lot of trips to the Docs as of late with the pain I've been in and they seem to think
it may be something other then my spine causing it, wish me luck sir, going to the Docs tomorrow again
hoping they have better answers.

That's another great news. So glad it went well and trust that everything is well with you.

Rande, I'm so happy for you sir and I hope it never comes back and you live a long and happy life.
I've been making a lot of trips to the Docs as of late with the pain I've been in and they seem to think
it may be something other then my spine causing it, wish me luck sir, going to the Docs tomorrow again
hoping they have better answers.
Let me be the first to wish you the best of luck Sir. Hoping everything is okay.

I've been away from this forum for too long. I am truly happy for you Rande and pray that the cancer stays away. All the best in this upcoming year!

Mo

It is amazing to me just how far the treatments have come.
100%
In 2008, my wife passed after a 5 year battle with breast cancer. In 2021, the statistic for successful treatment of breast cancer is 98.2%.

All

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. An abdominal scan revealed a tumor on my left kidney that was larger than the kidney, and I had no idea that it was there until I started having symptoms. Initially, the plan was to remove the tumor and kidney. I was 4 days away from being admitted to the hospital for the surgery when the results of a recent test came back which changed the course of action. The plan now was to have me undergo Chemo which I did for 5 months. This was followed by a month of radiation treatments. A week or so ago, I had another abdominal scan and blood work and yesterday met with my Oncologist to go over the findings. I am in remission!

The tumor has shrunk to an inconsequential band of tissue that is inactive, therefore the Chemo and Radiation worked as well as can be expected. She went over my lab results too and blood specs are normal. So at this point she is not recommending maintenance such as infrequent Chemo treatments but wants to see me again in 3 months with another blood assay. If all is good then it'll be 4 months for another follow-up, and so on.

She also is putting in a request to my Insurance to remove my chest port as there will be no further Chemo treatments. Some Doctors like to have it remain for a year or so but she doesn't think that will be necessary. So I'll get a call from the hospital at some point to schedule that.

What a difference it is, these 10 months after being diagnosed and how lousy I felt initially. I feel like I have a new lease on life - but also realize that I'm in remission and not cured. Sometimes the Cancer can come back after X number of years, even affecting another organ. But I'm not going to dwell on that. All I know is that I'm in remission and that's plenty to be happy about!

My energy levels have improved dramatically and I've been able to get back to the gym which I had to abandon for more than 8 months. I'm also putting back on the weight I lost, as I dropped 25 lbs and didn't have it to lose! I've also revived working on my musical projects as I had no energy or interest in them during the time I was on Chemo. All very positive signs.

I purposely didn't make this adventure known here except to a few for many personal reasons, but in light of this tremendous news I wanted to share. I credit all the prayers, good thoughts and vibes I received as well as the treatments from the various Doctors who were unfailingly supportive and effective.

😁

Cheers,

RR
Hey! I'm late to the party on this as I have been "away" for a bit. That's great news! Congratulations. I hope you continue to feel better. Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Rande! I’m overjoyed with the great news of remission!