Restoration of a Benchmade (Marxman?) Jumbo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelM

Reaction score
This was an fun restoration of a pipe with an interesting history and a bit of mystery.  As I explain in the first video, the pipe for all the world appears to be a Marxman pipe from the Benchmade Jumbo series, but it is not stamped with the Marxman name.  I've searched extensively and have not been able to finds a Benchmade Jumbo that is not stamped Marxman, so this remains a bit of a mystery.  The restoration had some interesting twists include the need to recenter the cake before reaming, and a surprising number of sand inclusions that resulted in some extreme OCD staining on my part :lol:
Overall I am very happy with the way the pipe turned out and I'm looking forward to smoking it soon.  If your interested in seeing the process, you can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQFCU-_AnJEnVLMWBwGpNvhEKYPTLBEpz
Thanks,
Mike.

Jumbo_Final.resized_zpstncymzea.jpg

Looks MUCH better now !! Ya done good guy !! :twisted: :twisted:

Looks real good Mike, shines like new again. ;)

Thanks Guys! I finally got to smoke it yesterday and it was a very good experience. Great fun bringing these old pipes back to life.
Best,
Mike.

Looks like you did a fine job. Well done! :)

AJ