Retail influence

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpipes

Reaction score
I would just like to say that it is nice to see another board come to be that is not based upon a retail influence. I don't blame the retail outlets for creating a board for their websites or with the same name as their stores. I would probably do it if I owned a retail outlet. it is a great marketing tool. The problem that I have with it is in the way it ends up getting moderated, in that it is economically driven. An example of what I mean by that is, if there is a real jerk on the board and the retailer is the moderator and the jerk is a heavy buyer from that retailer, the retailer will be reluctant to take action if the jerk gets out of hand and the board ends up being ruined. I have seen a couple of good boards get shut down for this reason.

I believe a board like this that is for the people, by the people will last a very long time. Most of us are not going to let it get out of hand and being friends, even when one of our own gets out of line we can gently set each other straight with out too much offense.

Mark

I never even thought of it from that perspective, only from the freedom of being able to post links to any retailer you want. I can see how that would suck for a retailer, like having to cut off your best bar customer because they've drank to much. :lol:

This seems to be the most peaceful, respectful board I've ever been associated with; i'm really enjoying it. Thanks to all :lol:

"Huggies Haven"

Careful, there, TJ... don't want to start a "pissing match" with the the "Depends Den" gang.