Retirement from the Bomb Squadron

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart, but I have decided to resign as co-commander of the BOB Bombing Squadron at the conclusion of this month's mission. Financially and professionally I'm in a tough situation, and while I may not be participating in runs for the next few months, I do plan to get involved again when life stabilizes. I haven't missed a mission in over three years and I'm sorry I have to sit out for a while. It has been a joy to be not only a member of the squadron, but also to be your co-commander.

Initially I was just going to cover for Jesse during his leave to get Blue Room Briars on it's feet. How time flies eh? Blackhorse seems to have the missions well in hand, and perhaps one of you would like to participate as co-commander! I'm sure he would appreciate the assistance.

Thank you for your attention. Carry on!

Hey, life happens Ozzie. Don't sweat it.

I wish you the best going forward as you attend to the business at hand and hope you'll still post here as time allows. I'm sure we all are grateful for your co-commanding this as well as your well written and interesting Oct mysteries.

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

It was a pleasure flying with you at the head of the Squadron, Wiz, and I look forward to flying with you again when the winds are more favourable. Thank you for all that you have contributed over the last few years; you really have been central to bringing many folks a lot of joy, myself included.

Stay safe, old chap.

Pip pip,

Stick.

Sad news Ozzie, ce la vie and all that jazz. Thanks for your duty as co commander of the squad mate, some great times have been had by all.

Wish I had the time to step up to the plate, maybe when I retire :)

Timbo":jbnqvb25 said:
Sad news Ozzie, ce la vie and all that jazz. Thanks for your duty as co commander of the squad mate, some great times have been had by all.

Wish I had the time to step up to the plate, maybe when I retire
:)
Beat you to it as I'm retired and just stepped up.

Cheers,

RR

This is the first I’ve heard about any of this. Quite a surprise.

—————

Ozzie...no one could have had a better partner in crime.  Obviously, don’t be a stranger.  

—————

The King is dead...long live the King...therefore welcome our newly commissioned Co-Commander...the Brutal and Bombastic Brewdude!  May he rule with wisdom, loyalty and a ruthless desire to immolate his brothers with joyful abandon.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks so much for all you've done, Ozzie, have many fond memories of missions together. Enjoy your well-earned retirement from command! Hope life calms down with the quickness and you're able to puff a little easier.

And a hearty huzzah for Brewdude stepping up! OW obviously leaves some pretty big shoes to fill, but I happen to know RR has some pretty big feet! Looking forward to our first mission with our new Co-Commander.

My morning is settling down a bit so I now have a bit of time to sit down and thank Ozzie more appropriately...

I didn’t want Ozzie’s stepping down from doing the Bombing squadron gig to pass without extending my sincere personal appreciation for his time, energy and expertise. His month to month involvement and especially the epic Halloween mystery stories have been enjoyed by everyone. My best wishes go out to him for his future here on the board and generally. He’s made many lives much brighter. He likely has very little understanding for just how significant his efforts here have been. It continues to impress me how much this board means to many guys...the impact of the actions by their friends here. Even I’ve had guys write me following some minor thing I’ve done and gush about how deeply it affected them. So how much more are they affected by contributions that have been as great as his.

Ozzie, just let it be said that you’ve made a huge difference here.  

Blackhorse":93sznosb said:
My morning is settling down a bit so I now have a bit of time to sit down and thank Ozzie more appropriately...

I didn’t want Ozzie’s stepping down from doing the Bombing squadron gig without extending my sincere personal appreciation for his time, energy and expertise. His month to month involvement and especially the epic Halloween mystery stories have been enjoyed by everyone. My best wishes go out to him for his future here on the board and generally. He’s made many lives much brighter. He likely has very little understanding for just how significant his efforts here are. It continues to impress me how much this board means to many guys...the impact of the actions by their friends here. Even I’ve had guys write me following some minor thing I’ve done and gush about how deeply it affected them. So how much more are they affected by contributions that have been as great as his.

Ozzie, just let it be said that you’ve made a huge difference here.  

Hear Hear!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Thank you Ozark for the time and contributions to the forum. There are always changes in life and hope everything works out for the best.

Thank you all. I'm not planning on being gone, per se', but there are times when somewhat self indulgent priorities rear their ugly heads and demand attention. Apparently some genetic instabilities cannot be circumvented by diet and good intentions.

Who'd a thunk it?

But hey! Congratulations to Brewdude, the new co-commander of the bomber squadron! Three cheers for the Dude of Brew!

I'd go out for a pipe, but, well, it's raining too... Meh. Give it a few minutes eh?

Splendid news! The Squadron continues to be in good hands. Congrats Rande, and thank you.