Retruning after a long hiatus

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitepony1986

Reaction score
i decided to return to the pipe last week i gave it up for a few years, I'm kinda sad out of all my pipes i had i only kept two a savinelli dublin bowl and a falcon i was given oh well such as life ill have to find some cheap beaters to fill out my rotation.

Welcome back!

Years ago (in a Galaxy far, far away) I had to give it up for nearly two years because my wife didn't want any second hand smoke around as she nursed the baby. Then another time for a couple months after surgery. We all have our reasons for taking a hiatus. But I'm curious as to what brought you back? Was it the relaxation, the ritual, or maybe a friend who smokes a pipe?

Brunello":2lhlxl3b said:
Welcome back!

Years ago (in a Galaxy far, far away) I had to give it up for nearly two years because my wife didn't want any second hand smoke around as she nursed the baby. Then another time for a couple months after surgery. We all have our reasons for taking a hiatus. But I'm curious as to what brought you back?  Was it the relaxation, the ritual, or maybe a friend who smokes a pipe?

a friend of mine is big into cigars and he was talking to my about cigars one day. I told him i had never been big into cigars but i used to smoke a pipe. The next day he came in with a old kaywoodie and a box of carter hall and said "My grandfather gave me this and i have never been able to get it to smoke properly, think you can show me?" So at break i taught him how to pack the bowl and taught him how to light it and he smoked that bowl and enjoyed it. Well me getting the pipe lit properly for him (only using a bic mind you) after telling him to slow down because he wanted to smoke it like it was a cigarette. It just reminded me how much i actually did enjoy smoking my pipes so that friday i went into a local pipe and cigar shop and bought a tin of moontance and fired it up. Since then i went and bought a tin of cult blood red moon and today i bought a dr grabow pipe along with a pouch of middletons cherry blend (i mean if your going to break in a drugstore pipe best do it with drug store baccy right?). So i guess you can say a friend has brought me back to it in a roundabout way.

whitepony1986":ul6kzz1w said:
Brunello":ul6kzz1w said:
Welcome back!

Years ago (in a Galaxy far, far away) I had to give it up for nearly two years because my wife didn't want any second hand smoke around as she nursed the baby. Then another time for a couple months after surgery. We all have our reasons for taking a hiatus. But I'm curious as to what brought you back?  Was it the relaxation, the ritual, or maybe a friend who smokes a pipe?

a friend of mine is big into cigars and he was talking to my about cigars one day. I told him i had never been big into cigars but i used to smoke a pipe. The next day he came in with a old kaywoodie and a box of carter hall and said "My grandfather gave me this and i have never been able to get it to smoke properly, think you can show me?" So at break i taught him how to pack the bowl and taught him how to light it and he smoked that bowl and enjoyed it. Well me getting the pipe lit properly for him (only using a bic mind you) after telling him to slow down because he wanted to smoke it like it was a cigarette. It just reminded me how much i actually did enjoy smoking my pipes so that friday i went into a local pipe and cigar shop and bought a tin of moontance and fired it up. Since then i went and bought a tin of cult blood red moon and today i bought a dr grabow pipe along with a pouch of middletons cherry blend (i mean if your going to break in a drugstore pipe best do it with drug store baccy right?). So i guess you can say a friend has brought me back to it in a roundabout way.
And there ya go. Off to the races!

:D

Cheers,

RR