Review Request: Kingfisher Double Cut Krumble Kake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout Bum

Reaction score
I just got a tin of Kingfisher, made by Butera, for Christmas. My girlfriend got it in a B&M based on the tobacconist's suggestion after she told him what I currently like. (University Flake, Stokkebey's Luxury Twist, etc) I don't know anything about this blend (a Virginia/Burley/Perique) or the Butera Pipe Company... I did check out some reviews on TR, but that just left me even more curious. If any of you have tried this blend, I would appreciate your thoughts/analysis!

I've smoked a couple tins of this in the last few years,the tin art made me buy
it.It puts out clouds of dense white smoke when you fire up a bowl,I would give
it 2* out of 4*.Nothing about it really impressed me or made me want to stock
up on it.It's comparable to C&D Blockade Runner minus the rum.You may like it
if you're a Burley fan. :|

Winslow :sunny:

I really like this tobacco.
The Burley gives a little backbone and richness to the Va. and Perique.

Mike

Thanks for the responses! I wonder if this blend is similar in nature to Haunted Bookshop, which I have only just discovered, but which I am enjoying immensely. I shall have to determine that I my own, I suppose. But hey, that's half the fun, right, discovering and exploring new and different blends, or variations of similar components? At any rate thanks and when I open this tin, which will not be anytime soon, as I have perhaps too many open just now (if that is possible) I shall report my findings!

Trout Bum":rgmtcss1 said:
Thanks for the responses! I wonder if this blend is similar in nature to Haunted Bookshop, which I have only just discovered, but which I am enjoying immensely.
Similar in that they contain the same basic ingredients,
but they don't really remind me of each other.
I like em both, but HB is one of my favorites.

One of my favorite blends, I liked it better than University Flake, though it's been a while since I have smoked some