Revor Plug

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfredo_buscatti

Reaction score
Last week I talked with Steve Monjuire; coincidentally he had just called and left a message for the president of JTI International. I don''t know what will come of this but Steve felt it would be nothing as he would not be able to sell enough of the tobacco to suit a huge tobacco conglomerate. His contact with the American Head of Ops must have come to nothing.

Sorry I can't be more positive, but that's the new news.

Hey Mike! Good to see you post.

I am sorry about the Revor Plug. I know you said that Steve was working on a deal. He will keep trying I am sure.

Steve Monjuire tried to import it but was told by whoever owns it that they had no plans to export it, that they were fully satisfied with selling it only in the UK? (or other European venue). He spent a lot of time on this only to come up with nothing.

I ended up buying 500 g from MaGahey the Tobacconist in the UK for the paltry sum of $159.00. It's very good but not that good.

I've followed your Revor Plug project since the Knox board days. It has been interesting to follow.

JTI (Japan Tobacco Int'l) is the brand owner. JTI is enormous. In 2007 they acquired the Gallaher Group so they own Condor too. I believe Revor Plug is an old one which was originally Manchester Tobacco's. JTI acquired them back in the early 90's and then shut down their factory in 2000, I believe. That was one of their first acquisitions after JTI was peeled away from the Japanese Gov and the tariffs on cigs came down for the Japanese market. Not much remains but the old plug. Now it seems to show up under GH who has a distributor biz in the UK as well as manufacturing. It may be that they make it for JTI and distribute. But going back to a market that demands tribute (the US Tobacco MSA) for a plug which is not of strategic interest is unlikely. You might remember that we lost a lot of brands just about the time that the Tobacco MSA settlement occurred.

I believe that one is only distributed in the UK and it actually stayed in production when packaging had to change (labeling laws for tobacco in the UK). That's an investment and it usually kills off low demand products. When Australia changed labeling they lost Gallaher's Irish Cake which seemed to be peculiar to Australia and the South Pacific. So there is a UK market for Revor still too.