RIP EVH

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Eddie Van Halen was an original and led the way in guitar technique during a time when it had mostly stagnated. His unique tapping/shredding/whammy bar signature revolutionized rock music.

EVH succumbed to the big C he'd been fighting today at age 65.  

Please join with me in celebrating the difference he made in that genre and the effect it had on countless pickers all across the globe.

EVH. A true original.

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR

Yes, heard this early this morning on the BBC World Service. Sad news indeed. His contribution to music was truly remarkable.

RIP Guitar God.

RIP Eddie. I was saddened by this news. Van Halen was a staple of my youth and shaped my love for Rock Music. There was scant a day that I wasn't wearing a VH concert T-shirt. Eddie truly developed his own sound and unmistakable guitar style. In my mind he will go down in history as one of the greats.

A fitting tribute -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6SNkjkACRVQ" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Cheers,

RR

Quietly listening to Van Halen is pointless. 11. Always 11. (and screw headphones, and for you whippersnappers, screw ear buds)