RIP Gordon Lightfoot

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
Because of you I went through 2-3 big ol' Gibson B-45-12's; once carried one into an audition and got the gig - seems the club owner was a big GL fan. Rest easy, Gordon, and thanks for it all.

"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" is one of my favorite all-time songs, and as a kid, I listened to it all the time. It was a special event when they would play it on the radio too. As an adult, I then recognized all the cool effects they used in that song to add to the creepy atmosphere. I'm deep into experimental music, so that kind of layering appeals to me a lot. I lived in Minnesota for a while and would drive by Lake Superior on my way to the Porcupine Mountains in the UP-Michagan, often thinking of that song. I was surprised by how many newspaper articles were still being written about that, many years later. So yeah, Mr.Lightfoot holds a special place in my life.

Standing alone on stage with a jumbo bodied D28-Martin…saw him several times…2 plus hours of quiet reverence for him and his talent.
Wonderful storytelling…spoken and sung

Never got to see Gordon, but always enjoyed his music. I even found an old vintage Gordon Lightfoot cd at my Dad's house after he passed. I think that shows how his music spanned generations. This is not Gordon, but a John Prine (loved his music also) small venue show. Gordon Lightfoot was there, and John pays tribute to his songwriting hero.

Last edited:
Never got to see Gordon, but always enjoyed his music. I even found an old vintage Gordon Lightfoot cd at my Dad's house after he passed. I think that shows how his music spanned generations. This is not Gordon, but a John Prine (loved his music also) small venue show. Gordon Lightfoot was there, and John pays tribute to his songwriting hero.

Wonderful video.....to see the admiration they shared for each other...wonderful